High Potency Distillate - Failed Pesticides

Hey everyone!
So I recently achieved my highest distillate test to date, but unfortunately it had failed for pesticides…
This was material that i had received from a client.
Is there any way i can remove the pesticides via SPD?
I am just looking for a quick answer since i’m currently at work and do not have time to do much research today.
Please see attached pictures below.
I appreciate any advice, thanks!
:spoon::see_no_evil:

no, youre gonna be looking at chromatography

2 Likes

Saline Scrub + MagSil Chromatography Column for most pesticide remediation is what I’ve been able to gather from the pesticide journals. Unfortunately, there would be no way to distill off the cannabinoids and separate out the pesticides using just a Short Path as far as I am aware. Maybe some of the bigger minds will chime in, however, there is a plethora of knowledge on this in the forums if you simply search “Pesticide Remediation” - Future4200 himself spearheading it with his own SOP’s a while back.

Good luck!

1 Like

If your job is to fix that for your client, you do have time for research. They put it in there, they can pay you to figure out how to remove it. Don’t give your time away. They took a shortcut, now they pay more for oil that passes testing.

3 Likes

My job was to make them distillate on a Split deal.
I made the distillate and just got the test results back this morning.

As of right now its their loss, like you said, they took shortcuts.
We’ll more than likely give the material back to them and have them pay the full costs.

Honestly the idea of cleaning it up is just from my own curiosity since i havent ever had distillate come back with pesticides before.
If there was a “simple” way that wouldnt cost too much of my time i would be more reluctant to give it a try but if its not worth my time and effort then ill obviously just give their material back.

I just wanted to see what the community had to say about it.

3 Likes

Thank you for your response Ion!

Dissolving in heptane and running through Florisil-PR will remove many pesticides. You’d probably have to use a lot to clear this sample up. Sorbtech I believe also developed a pesticide remediation SOP that chemically destroys many common pesticides. I don’t know if they ever finished that work.

3 Likes

Give the split back and get your cash unless you want to go down that rabbit hole at a risk of loss

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply, I will take note of this.

Okay, I appreciate your time and advice.
I will give it back.