High D8 THC: bad trim or employee mistake?

Hi everyone. So we have been doing ethanol extraction for years now and we have strict SOPs for every procedure. One of our recent batches tested 55% D9 THC and 30% D8 THC.

How could this happen? Should we look at possible human mistakes or could the trim quality cause this problem?

1 Like

Isomerized it.
Probably left over carbon from a bad scrub

The only thing that could have caused this from the trim is an acidic PH. Maybe if the flower was sprayed heavily with an acidic ph foliar or contaminated by another means and then concentrated. That could isomerize during distillation. I’ve personally never seen that though and I’ve run tens of thousands of pounds.

What adsorbents do you use? How much control do you have over growing conditions?

1 Like

Do you add the Di directly to your ethanol to cool? Could be carbonic acid :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

If the owner doesn’t know the process well enough to see where there could be issues, you can’t blame your employee unless they were hired for that specific knowledge.

If it is a tech repeating an SOP written by someone else, it’s likely the SOP, or lack of experience to know how to adjust for ever changing complex mixture of crap contained in flower and their crude extracts.

There’s so many variables, unless your employee is an highly experienced technician, it’s hard to place blame on them.

I just know I wouldn’t want to be him and see this post lol, having to ask publically ask others if your employees are good isn’t a good look. This is the perfect situation where a paid consultant should be used discreetly

2 Likes