Hemp Deal Terms & Agreement

Excuse my ignorance , but if the community would be kind to give me a quick run down on the general terms and agreements commonly used on the LOIs template for hemp deals , so neither the seller or buyer are wasting their time?

Especially on the bigger deals . Any input and reason would be greatly appreciated .

Any bad experience stories with past deals please share ! Knowledge is king ! Peace

1 Like

Pfff thats a tough cookie your asking
Best option is to pick a lawyer in these matters to help you set one up
There are several basic terms that seem fair for both parties
Yet the sharks in these waters have made LOI so complicated and unfair
To one party (seller) that scruteny must be taken before getting on board
Often over protecting them selves. On quality off biomass ( content,mold,pesticides) with hefty fines if any of these are suddenly found
And i have seen several cases where the main aim of the buyers game was to fine rather than buy :cry:
So any commodity LOI is usefull but it s the small print that matters
And i asume it s state dependant for certain treshholds and laws

1 Like

Better call Saul!

4 Likes

LOI’s are worthless just like NDA’s

These days companies are not even honoring fully executed & binding contracts, with little or no repercussions.

Advice on deals is win friends and influence people, trust is the only way you get paid, no piece of paper ever makes up for the value of earning trust respect loyalty and having rapport. Rapport is money in the bank. 90% of “big deals” never happen especially if it involves an LOI.

For shits and giggles though, here’s an example of a real LOI for a real isolate purchase from earlier this year:

LOI Feb 14 2019.pdf (418.0 KB)

4 Likes

Appreciate all the replies . Definitely got me on the right track