Help !!!

If My hunch is right and CBN can be extracted treu solvent choice
A one should be able to create a CBN extreme high Distillate breaking down thc with salts or Any other redemnation tech
I mean this was 2 pass without vigreax
And fast tem ramping
B one Could Basicly take away CBN after second pass and create a even higher thc cannabinoid content
Say a 86% thc Distillate with a 4 % CBN
And Total cannabinoid content If say 92%
If You can take out the 4% your Distillate all of a suden is reaching 90%
Wich for a cart maker is a better deal

1 Like

@Beaker

Cbn isnt red… it just has a higher bp then thc or cbd so it usually ends up in tails… looks like their chromatagraph is off… theyre system probably needs recalibration. That looks like a cbc peak probably due to vac leak probably.

1 Like

Sorry, i meant cbg peak… could be related to a d10 peak which would mean the trim was hit with fire retardant possibly…

5 Likes

Are You aware that i started with a crude containing 7% CBN
So concentrating by distilation of the crude seems valid
Also remember. That i have a seperate. LLE fraqtion that probably has the rest Of CBD and THC Wich on iT s way to the lab
And i Will post upon arivall
That fraqtion of the hexane liquid wash
Has taken all the red all If iT seems so

Diffrent question
Do You find that distillation with
A diffstack Gives better fraqtioning as a whole i also have a diffstak but iT is far away right now armed
And a other in the garage but that is a
700iso Ln2 cooled baffel and the crude i still have is not enough for a large rig
So i wonder If the expenses of making iT ready Will work on a small flask

Hurry up already I’m growing impatient I need to live vicariously through you until I get my shit rolling

4 Likes

In hexane/polar washes… the red isnt from a cannabinoid. Its phenolic compounds.

1 Like

Ok can they be removed either as a fraqtion or by hot Condenser ?
Or Will a lower vacuum make this possible
I only did My first pass on this hexane part
So wondering what Will be best to do to clean up color
Would winterizing or Degumming have Any effect to your knowlidge
Thx for. All the feed back by the way

What are you trying to remove exactly? If its d10 it may crash out of pentane… it is a solid… but i dont know for sure

Phenolic compound is what You suggest might be the red maker in the first pass LLE hexane side
IT s there in shit load and i wish to remove iT
For this i asked sugestions
Wich teck might work for that

I think im just not understanding whats being done here.

Dear B -dabs
As a last pre distillation sop
I took the crude dissolved and dissolved iT in hexane
I then took methanol and added that to the sep funnel with the hexane crude
I mixed thuoroghly and added Some water
To the sep funnel
Deu to the water the hexane with cannabinoids split(separated) from the methanol with what seems with the cannabinoids
These two diffrent parts of the crude i evaporated of the solvents and
Loaded one the methanol part in the SPD
An ran iT treu
Got a lab report on that run Where iT states that 23% is CBN a cannabinoid of Which i always tought makes Distillate RED
Wich seems right for the starting crude had 7% cbn but iT was bright yellow not RED
Second i thought that cannabinoids were lost for i ran treu SPD the hexane part and all fraqtions in cannabinoid bp were darkred/black not a clear cannabinoid fraqtion to be seen i send a sample to the lab hope to have results back tomorrow
Hope to find My lost thc and cbd in there
If i do all is Well exept for the color of this Distillate
A color of Wich You proposed might be so dark because of Phenolic compound
I then wondered what would be the best way to remove either by a pre 2nd run SPD treu winterizing or Degumming or Any other pre distillation teck this Phenolic compound or
Treu distillation removing this Phenolic compound with sertain parameters
Such as diffusion low vac
Hot Condenser teck
Or real tight fraqtions distilling
Removing this red/black
Probably Phenolic compound
Sorry long storry :grinning:

1 Like

Okay, first off, cbn isnt red… thats very old understanding from an old paper also claiming that heat under vacuum can change thc into cbn… thats not the catalyst required for this mechanism… and cbn isnt red… just not…

Protonated cannabinoids and deprotonated cannabinoids can be red or purples… but that requires acids and bases… of which you didnt use

By adding methanol you took a random assortment of the cannabinoids away from the hexane layer.

What happens when you add hexane and water to a container is the hexane and water will not mix, by making a more soluble solution for the cannabinoids by having the methanol present you removed some of the products from the hexane that you should have left there. Without knowing the proper pka of the cannabinoid you wish to work with you cannot bring a specific one into a polar solution. Also if you do create such an environment you risk destroying thw cannabinoids typical properties and it will test off, i dont know the chemistry further for that process but thats the jist of it…

What i was refering to was taking hexane… adding salt water… and having phenolic compounds move into the water layer… these are then discarded… depending on the pH of the water you can remove different compounds… low pH of 4.5 or so will remove reds which are phenols… by using 8.4 pH you remove phospholipids which come out as an emulsion. You add water repeating each step until you see pure water only showing up. Once done with these. You then remove the hexane and distill… theres no reason for your material to turn black or super dark if distilled once more… though, if you leave hexane in the material it gives a dark red hue due to its presence as a solvent of the cannabinoids… i cant remember what thats called but i know that if you fully remove the hexane. The color will lighten immediately… even just in the boiling flask… it works like a magic color change.

11 Likes

THANK YOU SIR,
Honner to receive your help so Brine wash low ph iT is to remove phenols
Keep You posted :pray::pray:

3 Likes

CBN is NOT RED. It is also NOT an isomer of THC or CBD, it is an oxidation product. This red CBN thing is a common misconception, because of the colored products that often co-occur with high CBN levels. What you have here is a beautiful example of the fact that CBN is a colorless molecule, just like CBD and THC… and it means you have isolated the cannabinoids from the phenolic oxides and other red color bodies. Kudos!

3 Likes

Lab report from the other “half” of the hexane/methanol 3% water expirement
So this report is Whats left in the hexane layer first pass on this No bentonite was used in the boiling flask
For the idea was to use iT on second pass

1 Like

Clearly Some unidentified peaks in the chormatograhp
But No standerds available to read them :weary:
So guess i Will yust dissolve in ethanol and nano bubble away and do a second pass in a few weeks
By the way this fraqtion was
Black/dark dark red so we know Where the red went to
Since iT has almost No thc i wonder If the peaks Will break down to CBN

Or do a second pass with bentonite 2% boiling flask and see If Any thing rotates to known standarized valeu ??

Go on IG, look at Alexsiegel94 page and theres a whole post about leaving material out for like 6 weeks or 6 months or something, we tested before and after, on our own hplc system, same tech, same everything… zero difference in cbn content… i dont know why this is still a question… ive seen cbn in volume… its a light almost peach clear… looks like dull off white… certainly not red when concentrated…

1 Like