Help me do some good to close out 2020

Howdy all. As some of you are aware, thanks to @Future’s mom, I recently won the Holiday Giveaway. Part of the prize was $1,000.00 in BTC. To close out 2020, I’d like to put that coin to good use. To that end, and because it’s somewhat tangential to my business, I’m going to use it to pay fuel heating bills for some people struggling in Washington state.

Here’s where I need a hand–my contacts in WA are mainly limited to extractors and, while I’d love to give out extraction gas, I think keepings folks warm is a bit more in line with what I’m trying to do. SO, if you know someone that needs help in WA, please drop me a line. Or if you know a gas company that does deliveries or refills in rural WA, that’d be great too.

Thanks in advance! I appreciate all of you.

51 Likes

This is super awesome of you man!

7 Likes

More big karma from Adam. Nice gesture bro!

9 Likes

@GasLogix-Adam this is very noble of you sir :muscle::pray:

Congrats winning the giveaway :clap:

I’m going to move this topic to the Ground Up category so more users will see it as most have Echo Chamber silenced!

This is the name of one of my companies :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

14 Likes

Appreciate it!

5 Likes

I’ve been one of those people, and it’s very kind of you to pay it forward! Blessings abound…

5 Likes

I’ve been there too. Luckily in Houston it’s just a minor inconvenience to be without gas (it was 70 today :man_facepalming:t2:). I’m hoping this will be successful and can be an annual event as we continue to grow and have the ability to give back more.

5 Likes

Thanks man. As @moveweight likes to say, we all eat. Gotta spread love when you can.

5 Likes

Oxarc does refills (both for extraction solvents, medical gas and non extraction propane) etc in rural WA. They are who I go to for dry ice, n2 and solvent (when in a pinch and don’t want to wait for shipping)

4 Likes

Thanks! Didn’t realize they did residential gas. Will give ‘em a shout on Monday.

4 Likes

I believe they do! I have seen people coming in and refilling there bbq tanks etc.

3 Likes

Great suggestion. Will report back.

2 Likes

Talk about karma! @GasLogix-Adam You’re a good dude

8 Likes

So I dunno how much help they would be, but LEAP is a national low income assistance program for heating needs. Maybe the WA leap program could point you in a direction.

My family had to depend on LEAP when I was a teen. Good on you for helping people out, being cold sucks.

6 Likes

I’ll put them in my list to call on Monday. Looks like it could be a really helpful resource. Thank you!

(Also, feel free to dm me if your family is still in need. All the better if I can help someone in this community.)

1 Like

Thanks a ton bro!

Luckily things have gotten better for my ma, and my whole family really, but I remember having the heat down as low as we could bear. It wasn’t a great feeling at all.

If you help a few families not have to do that, you’re a rockstar in my book.

4 Likes

Thankful for wood heat.
I couldn’t afford any other way lol.
Fuck being cold.

4 Likes

Glad to hear things have gotten better! I’m sure LIHEAP will help point me towards where it’ll have the greatest impact. Thanks for the info.

2 Likes

Yep, being cold is something I try not to be ever anymore lol. It’s scarred me for life, my gf hates me in the winter because of our bill.

2 Likes

My wife keeps our house so hot…Haha

I couldn’t go back from wood heat.

2 Likes