Help identifying pest with picture

Amazon has some good 1000x scopes for less than 75$ that will help with pest ID.

LCD Digital Microscope, YINAMA 4.3 Inch 1080P 2 Megapixels 1000X Magnification Zoom Wireless USB Stereo Microscope Camera, Compatible with iPhone Android, iPad MAC Windows https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZZ8T3K6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_s2cXFbE0MHT24

1 Like

It was on some outdoor stuff, was just curious. Other than the leaf damage the trimmers havent found any damage to the buds

1 Like

Ah ok yea in my experience its just a basic caterpillar thatll burrow into the bud and feed on the inside. Sometimes they die in there after eating a bunch and the whole coala is screwed. Out of everything outside those are my worst enemy. Grasshoppers are at the top of my shit list too. Good luck with harvest bro!!

3 Likes

Those markings on the leaf are caused by leafminers but that dude you’ve captured there is a separate entity.

2 Likes

You could see where it had started to spin a a lil web with the leaf like a hammock for his ass. Absolutely no damage to any colas so far and there’s been alot done so it might have been a 1 off.

1 Like

Yea classic sign is that leaf getting webbed up lol. Id say you did pretty damn well if you dont have any… ive done alot of big outdoors and there’s always that 1 plant… :joy:

2 Likes

Ya pretty sure just a regular caterpillar, all the leaf miners and stuff ive seen before didn’t leave this kinda leaf damage. Looks like it was ready to caccoon up and take a nap before i got it.

1 Like

Seeing bird shit on outdoor plants is a sign you have catepillars. Birds love to eat them.

1 Like

It was my first time growing outdoor this year … I didn’t spray pesticides or use predators. :smirk:
No no … Everything was going so well too until all my tops started dying off. I thought it was cold and rain lololo.
I cut the plants down, hung them up to dry, went to look a few days later and found about 150 caterpillars abseiling off my plants…
Next year I think I will take a much different approach lolo

1 Like

Anything with Spinosad will keep those guys away in my experience!

1 Like