Heating material column

Hey guys, I’m having a bit of a conundrum here. My understanding is that it’s best to run the solvent (100% butane) as cold as possible, in an effort to leave chlorophyll and other undesirables in the plant matter. My question is when it comes time to recover, is it okay to heat the material column (<100°), considering the solvent is no longer running through the material as a liquid, but as a gas?

I’ve done it with my 6 inch columns years ago. We had kenovo heat wraps to out around them during recovery as we were losing a lot of tane to the biomass.

2 Likes

Keenovo’s pay for themselves in no time, been using them for yrs. They also work great for vapor pushing for multi column setups

1 Like

I recover from the top of my column. A line from your column lid to a t on your sieve.

Sometimes a custom flexible heater developed for your specific needs is more beneficial for what you’re trying to do. There’s better pricing for these instead of spending $50 on standardized “shelved” ones that may need to be modified. I can elaborate on this further if that would be beneficial.

Looks like you make a similar product to keenovo?

1 Like

Thanks for the responses everyone. I was just planning on cycling warm water through the jacket

That’s the best route.

I think they are only rocking the Kenovo style wraps on non jacketed columns.

Correct

Yes, Tutco-Farnam Custom Products manufactures a wide variety of heaters made to order with 85% of our business being custom heating solutions. Feel free to shoot me a private message on here and/or an e-mail at mstenger@farnam-custom.com if you’d like to discuss your specific application. The link on my profile should take you to our flexible heaters page where you can submit inquiries through the “Flex Specs” configurator.

1 Like