Hash water waste

My bad.
Boiling often implies heat.

Inert sparge and vacuum distillation sounds like a potential win

6 Likes

Nah but I poured it down the toilet in the motel 6. Free tap water ice machines lol

9 Likes

What about using a membrane? @MagisterChemist or @Kingofthekush420, either one of you have a membrane ready for terp stripping water?

3 Likes

A regular RO membrane would probably do the trick

3 Likes

Removing water with membranes isn’t easy, the membrane youd need to use would need to be between alcohols Molecular weight and waters which is tighter then any membrane I’ve found

The tightest membranes I’ve found are the tubular ones I’m using (there tight enough to strip salt from water and are uses in the wine industry to make alcohol free wine)

Im working on separating terps with membrane (idgaf what anyone says i came up with this idea months before anyone else mentioned it here)

4 Likes

Thats essentially what I meant when I mentioned using a desiccant, but in the way I described you would want to use more salt by weight than the weight of the water that contains the compounds of interest.

I also used the term aromatics because its pretty likely we’re not talking about terpenes in particular.

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCZqZ7rhgOK/?igshid=1kjrbqjuw72rt

Over 2 months ago

1 Like

Good call on the inert gas Sparge. Might even be able to distill it off without heat

2 Likes

I never suggested it was easy. If it was easy, the tech would have been released a while ago. Just wondering if you had one tested and ready.

1 Like

You’d concentrate it with a regular RO membrane (they don’t let organic “foulants” through. Then you’d do the above distill/LLE setup on much less volume.

3 Likes

Not for water sepearion from alcohol, you might be able to do it with my spirals but I haven’t checked

The membranes magister is using wont work there not small enough

Hes using the 100 to 150 or the 150 to 250 which isn’t even RO its nano

With a membrane engineered specifically for the task I’d be pretty bummed if I had to LLE afterwards.

1 Like

Save 95% of the cost by buying a regular RO and do LLE after. I’m sure there’s a happiness balance in their somewhere

4 Likes

Im pretty sure its can seperate out heptane from ethanol with my RO membranes

Heptane even though it’s small enough will not permeate even at 1000 psi

I just need to run some alcohol and test it

We’re talking about separating aromatics from water.

4 Likes

Why from water?

Seperate it from your solvent

There’s a big enough MW difference in ethanol and terpenes you can get a good seperation

1 Like

Maybe read the thread, not just the post you were tagged into. Start with the first post. Haha

7 Likes

We are talking about “Hash water waste”, the solvent is water. Also our products were after are unknown, likely not terpenes.

3 Likes

Then yea you can seperate water from your water hash

Waters MW is 18

The smallest terpene is 150

My tubulars would do it there 50-80 dalton

1 Like