Has anybody done business with VFS Labs?

Has anybody done business with VFS Labs? They aren’t on here as a verified Slanger.
I am looking to purchase a kilo of CBDa and have come across VFS Labs as a supplier at 2.5k / kg.
Hoping to hear some positive feedback before I make the jump.

https://vfslabs.com/product/cbda-micro-crystalline-powder/
20-005353-0001_CBDA-Batch JF_CBDA 5 8.pdf (136.9 KB)

1 Like

2500/kg is FN crazy expensive. A few ppl on here have it from 650-750 per kg.

1 Like

this is for CBDa powder,… not CBD isolate,… different story with smaller pool of suppliers
I am trying to make 1:1 CBD:CBDa caps to help treat a breast cancer patient.

3 Likes

Ones and zeros

I have that product. Can elaborate later

1 Like

It’s not expensive. It’s perfect

4 Likes

From Oregon?
If Volwood Farm Services. Yes I would expect good business. Big fan of their director.

3 Likes

I got brokered the product by someone on here who apparently was associated with the production somehow, further questioning the lab they hadn’t heard of him. overpaid by a bit due to not doing my research.

The CBDA extract is not suitable for any edible applications. You CANNOT put it into a tincture or gummy at any realistic dose without a complete overwhelming acidic taste that will almost close your throat.

Not saying it isint a quality product, realistically I’ll be using the kilo I got for a 2:1 CBD/CBDA topical because that’s how it breaks down when you heat it to infuse into a carrier oil. It is very difficult to add to products without the use of a homogenizer.

I am happy to add something “extracted with water” to my product line, and the CBDA is cool as well. Worth 2.5k? Probably.

I’ll be making some nice topicals with this but it’s a labor of love knowing it will be compared side by side with crude, isolate, and distillate made products by the MG

My results from SC labs on the product

3 Likes

Interesting that it tasted bad. We have been extracting with the water process and no one has mentioned the taste being bad. It looks like they are refining it another step past where we do though. (We have @80% cbda and they are mid 90s) I’m guessing that step is where the taste comes in…( not saying it tastes great but its better than say distillate…)

2 Likes

Shhhhty

I have a big spoon that says boswellia on it. No idea what that means;)

2 Likes

well, now I know what it means. I don’t think frankincense would make a good spoon though :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: damn open sourcery (kidding)

1 Like

its all @Jmvernonia’s fault :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Damn you inbox feature and comment feature looking entirely too identical

It depends on the distillate honestly, this stuff just tastes like eating sand. I’d be happy to send a sample for a sample of yours to compare.

There are some chunks in the kilo that are still solid amber oil. So calling it a powder may be a bit of a stretch

Another thing to note from the person behind the process that I spoke to at the company, mentioned something about plant matter or something like that in the end product, should I be filtering that out? There seems to be some specks left even after combining with coconut oil all the way at 80c. Making a nice 2:1 topical with menthol, Shea, coconut and a bunch of essential oils that should be released by the end of this month.

Also considered selling grams of it for home topical makers but it’s pretty difficult to mix

1 Like

from my limited experience with watr extracted CBDA, it quickly would “turn” brown when in contact with atmosphere/sunlight for a period of time. Seems theres a component (maybe polyphenols like lignan?) that stays with the CBDa and is rather tricky to separate.

1 Like

Lol did you buy from catholicon??

1 Like

I did, I’m not losing anything on it, but my margins could have been quite a bit more if I would have just purchased it from the source! as I will with the next kilo shortly. I’ll write it off as a finders fee I guess.

It’s better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, but unfortunately I had specifically asked about flavor, ease of formulations, etc too…

I just had my best week in two years of being in business, otherwise I’d prob be a a tad more salty about the whole situation.

@shattertramp Thanks for the information. I decided to go ahead and purchase 1KG and am currently waiting for an invoice.

2 Likes