Grow more weed

pair those with some smart outlets for your timer triggers and you can control that part remotely too! I just started using some, it’s nice to get a notification when the lights turn on or off.

3 Likes

Been using the smart plugs from Amazon for a minute. Even Alexa has had a hand helping me grow.

8 Likes

Alexa… you mean the government?

7 Likes

Yup, big bad Amazon.

2 Likes

RIP. I cut out everything I could find that looked like PM and put more fans in, but I don’t think this is a winnable battle without a dehumidifier. Debating chopping it and washing out some premature live hash or just making some qwet

3 Likes

Fuckin same :joy::man_shrugging:t3::shushing_face: Alexa is a wonderful cultivator :wink:

But really though IR is how plants communicate through the soil system so to speak, so say if one plant is infested with bugs of deficient if it’s in a bed with other plants it’ll send distress signals to those plants for natural probiotics, nutrients & help really to fend off whatever it may be dealing with.

But on a note about the camera, how like sharp or radiant is the IR showing off the camera? Would it be possible to change to green IR? That wouldn’t necessarily mess with the plants even at night.

Another reason a lot do cover crop as once you chop it it releases c02 upon cutting which is good for the plants into bloom or late veg, but then as they mulch into the soil they provide nitrogen for the soil as well.

4 Likes

spent a bunch of time on this topic, depends exactly what spectrum IR you are using. Hikvision cameras are “plant safe” but we still keep all IR off in flower rooms for the night cycle.

4 Likes

The only PBB I popped (successfully - 1 of 2 overall)looks super solid. This is at day 45 of flower in fairly crappy conditions

6 Likes

14 weeks from time of clone

6 Likes

Old school rockwool grow cubes! They were the standard in the late 90’s/00’s before recirculating coco.

5 Likes

Marionberry right before the chop, day 60

7 Likes

Lava cake dwc

10 Likes

I think @BG305 was doing Lava cake too. Man, there are some talented growers here. Those genetics look FIRE.

4 Likes

Marionberry, day 56 or so. Burnt it early on but it’s fared ok despite that, gonna take it to 63-70, only went 60 last time and it was a little underwhelming

6 Likes

A nice lil 9lb Hammer X Funny Bone tester I decided to throw into flower. Fucking REAKS. Just rounding the bases into week 6 of 8 or 9. Slow as fuck veg that doesn’t seem to like as much Nitro as everything else though so I had to baby the fuck out of it. Super glad I put one into a 20gal so I have plenty for myself and not have to grow a few more to get a decent headstash of it. With how super loud it is already I’m having a hard time deciding if I’m gonna make a big fuckin` jar of rosin or do a mega cure nice and slow The regular 9lb variant is one of the healthiest and just most badass veggies i’ve ever touched though, fucking AWESOME.

9 Likes

Day 63. Maybe 1-2% amber, like 50% cloudy. Shooting for 70

6 Likes

Plants are unable to detect photons of light with wavelengths greater than 800 nm. Plant photoreceptors of this sort simply do not exist.

Any concern one might have about IR-induced plant responses should center on the quality of the light emitted from one’s IR bulbs. If your IR bulb is causing light-induced plant responses, it is because the IR bulb is emitting (for some reason) photons with wavelengths less than ~790 nm. Low-quality IR bulbs might do this. Dying IR bulbs might do this. Emphasis on “might.”

3 Likes

Phytochrome photoreceptors, which exist in virtually all plants, are exquisitely sensitive to photons in the far-red region of the light spectrum (e.g., 720-760 nm).

2 Likes

TKT CPT Trop F2 x Wilson from Masonic at day 42

10 Likes

We need to trade cuts

2 Likes