Grid tied solar panel system

So your break even point will be generating around 200kw per day. However this doesn’t take in to consideration snow coverage, clouds or dirt.
This is a good place to start.

2 Likes

Grid tie can be tricky if your provider doesn’t want or need that extra power if their renewable portfolio is fat & happy. Depending on their distribution, they may have to upgrade their system to handle your excess generation. It’s always best to ask as many questions to your utility provider before going down the renewable rabbit hole.

4 Likes

Wasn’t really interested in an off the shelf plug and play.

I was looking at a 33kw pallet that’s been used for 2 years priced at $10,500 which I can make a $438 monthly payment for 2 years.

I was having trouble picking out inverters for this and designing the solar array series per inverter.

This is the mfg label of one of the solar panels I was looking at:

Our electricity supplier for the state recently just pretty much doubled the cost if electricity for every user.

1 Like

I have town approval and already started the process with electricity supplier.

4 Likes

I like sma inverters, I’ve installed 12 of them last year and only had one issue and it was my helpers fuck up.

3 Likes

Only build a system that supplies for your needs. The power companies screw you hard on power they have to pay you for. A system to supply your needs will need to be capable of your max usage, as you’re only using it 6 months out of the year, and batteries to store the excess power is not feasible. If that 6 months is winter, you’ll have to double or triple the number of panels at least.

I tried solar for a crypto mining operation. Similar footprint to a large grow. It just didn’t work. Your gonna need the utility 1000%.

3 Likes

And they will have to make sure power is cutoff when the grid is down. I’ve got a 50 or so kw system on the roof of my building. The only reason it was worth having was the grant money. I’ve rarely seen a solar panel system on a large scale that was worth having, unless it has grant money and is depreciated on an advanced schedule.

3 Likes

That’s actually pretty fucking amazing!