Good Price for Used Wiped Film?

Hello Everyone,

Im not sure if this in the right place or not, but here she goes.

I have been keeping my eyes peeled for some used wiped film units to purchase. Some of the ones I have come across the owners definitely want too much money, and others seem to be semi reasonable deals. Recently I came across a used VTA that the owner is looking to get rid of, and I am trying to figure out a reasonable offer.

I know this is somewhat subjective, and there is no Kelly Blue Book for used lab equip lol but generally speaking, assuming that the equipment is all in good condition and operable, what would be some reasonable ranges that you would expect to see/pay for some of the name brand wiped films.

Lets say a 2 or 4 inch pope turn key, a VTA turn key, Chemtech, etc. Your thoughts/input are greatly appreciated!

While were on the topic, does anyone have any good ideas on where to find some good used equip? Other than here of course =)

Cheers!

Too many variables/upgrades to make a accurate suggestion… I would say

100k minimum for a 6” stainless cts or vta
Way less for a 6” stainless pope

2 Likes

The VTA I was looking at was the glass version I think they sell it for like 175k new

its insane, I took one for a test drive a few months ago. Will be buying one for my lab this year.

1 Like

Could you elaborate on that? What were the main points about the VTA that impressed you? What are you currently using?

I have experience with some off brand WFE, as well as popes, standard and modded out. I like the modded out popes a lot! I have no hands on experience with the VTA but all of the people that I know that have any experience with them say they are a dream to run!

Ease of use. Small foot print. Continuous feed. We pulled 1200 grams in 45 min. All in for cost of machine, shipping, setup and training the total is 186K. They have a bigger one but I didnt even ask about it.

3 Likes

Small footprint? Id be scared to see what u consider large footprint.

The VKL 70-5 right? Yeah, its not big IMO.

Oh Ok. Im thinking of the model that takes up a whole wall. Lol.

1 Like

Was the 1200 in 45 mins via their demonstration or your own usage? Was that a stripping run or actual distillation run?

From what I understand it’s almost a “set it and forget it” type of machine… in the sense that it doesn’t need constant tweaks and adjustments like popes or other less complex wipers. Would you consider that accurate?

Second run of disti… first run pulls terps out second is pure gold. Yes, set it up and no need to fiddle with it.

1 Like

This was made on the 6 inch steel VTA running full speed. Nothing compares to a VTA idgaf what anyone says. Them dam germans know their stuff. I use there sop on every wiper i run and it works great.

P.s. this was full speed 4.5 liters an hour and it came out that potency. Never seen another wiped film be able to hit that potency or output

3 Likes

Those are beautiful numbers! and beautiful product! What is your overall impression on VTA vs CTA or say a tricked out pope? If you dont mind me asking what was the ticket on the stainless version?

I just spoke with VTA and they quoted 165k essentially for the unit, plus around 20 for shipping, install, etc. I had one person from the board contact me directly giving me some insight on used prices, but would also like to hear thoughts from other users as well! Although if i was hitting 99-100 percent total cannabinoids, and mid 90s potency, im not sure there is a price tag that I would be willing to part with mine either! LOL