GLG meeting Tech Demo in Chicago Dec 5

Saw Future post up a meeting for next month in Chicago…

Never been to chicago and for a minute…thought about it… Looked at Flights, round trip $41 on jetblue which i have $1800 in flight credits from this year…

Then thought about one of the coldest cities in america in december… :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

What do you guys think… Flights were Super cheap…hotels look cheap enough…

Edit: Hope you don’t mind I added the banner to your post :call_me_hand:t3: -Future

10 Likes

I’m an hour from Chicago. It’s cold, but all the snow falls on my side of the lake☹️

1 Like

Who’s DJing?

1 Like

What dates? I could probably make it

2 Likes

Did u check out the title?? :joy::rofl::joy::exploding_head:

5 Likes

Lolol no but is it just the 5th or like a multi day thing? I uninstalled instagram :dancer:

3 Likes

5 Likes

9 hour drive or ~$450 in plane tickets for me and Steph round trip. Might drive it

4 Likes

Check google flights. I couldn’t find a ticket from Fort Lauderdale over $90

3 Likes

I know allegiant from Asheville to ft Lauderdale is like. $50 rt. And $41 from ft Lauderdale to Chicago. Lol

1 Like

Interesting yeah I’m looking out of Asheville and/or Charlotte. Found a little cheaper option on Google flights but not any sub $150 per person

3 Likes

Best app is called sky scanner for price checking flights. :100:

8 Likes

Skiplagged.com I find interesting. I’ll check that out.

1 Like

The skyrocketing coronavirus cases in illinois aren’t a deterrent? Seems risky…

4 Likes

You didn’t get the memo. Biden just won the presidency. Covid is officially over.

You see what the celebrations look like on tv. Covid :joy::rofl::joy:. What’s that

14 Likes

The world is bigger than America, just saying…

5 Likes

We will be practicing “social distancing” and whatever else it is that keeps the people at Home Depot or your local grocery store safe.

We are encouraging BYOB(ong)

If you are sick, don’t come. If you are not comfortable with meeting people currently, you have every right to stay home.

16 Likes

https://www.momondo.com/

I’ve been flying around the country like a mad man since February. On this site, I found better deals sometimes compared to sky scanner.

Also if anybody is a frequent traveler sign up on booking.com. At level 2 you will have potential 20% discounts on rooms(i found Airbnb homes on there for 2/3 of the price)
It takes around 15 different stays to reach it.

4 Likes

Definitely found it beneficial to pick a single reward program and do everything through it.

I use my alaska card and Expedia, but I’m sure there’s better options

1 Like

Last week I tagged a long with a few people I met around the island. One guy generates money from ”catchphase” web browsing for utility searches. He had a credit card that allocated him points per sale. Combination of credit card specific loyalty programs and membership traveling sites is the way to travel free.

If I remember correctly you was flying on private jets that charters like a normal airlines. They closed shop from COVD?