GLG certification

Thats great news and a fantastic way to launch the program itself. I think this is all a great idea.

That being said if I put myself in the shoes of an average joe I don’t know why I’d care. Its “safer”, but all the products are being tested, right? (Just hypothetical argument).

It’s important to know that the organic cert, and equivalent, allows companies to sell products for a higher price. Same logic should apply to the GLGc, but in my experience most GLG guys are making top shelf product and its hard to swallow the prices as is.

I’m just playing devils advocate.

Ya there will be a website registry to prevent exactly that.

Guess it gives the recipients of the badge a good reason to have custom decals made for their packaging.

Which by itself could be pretty good for business.

1 Like

@pdxcanna you must have hurt some feelings…

Lol

4 Likes

this is an “interesting” revenue stream

I think the verified consultant thing showed how futile one wook vouching for another was

6 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: A way to hold the regular Community Guidline Violators more Accountable

this is really cool!! bigs ups @Future and @iLLnyeTheShatterGuy

can we get a sample question from the test??? really curious to see the depth of such a test, ima take it tho forsure!

how many MLs of delousing shampoo do you need to apply after you hire an all female wook trim team?

9 Likes

meow!

I can literally see both of your posts in the same screen, just scroll up

1 Like

wrong thread

This site gives an excellent explaination of why GMP certs are mostly useless

GMP certs

GMPs don’t provide final product specifications. That is decided by an independent and separate quality unit within the business as described in 21 CFR. The GMPs just give the minimal expectations for manufacturing conditions. They don’t tell you how to meet said conditions. That part is up
To you. The FDA just assumes you are operating in accordance.

Code of Federal Regulations

Again the FDA does not recognize “certs”. They could care less. You could have a cert from a third party and still fail hard on a real FDA audit.

Look up 21 CFR 111 and 21 CFR 211. Both are relevant to cannabis processing although there is no mention of the word cannabis anywhere.

I am happy to share my experience from the pharmaceutical and biotech industries about GMPs with anyone here @Future

3 Likes

Ya I didn’t expect him to be able to answer the question, was kinda the point

2 Likes

I can really appreciate the amount of experience and info sharing you guys have put together. And I do see the need for some kind of cannabis industry focused certification process for people not doing just simple extractions (like people doing CRC or D8 conversions).

But I’ll be honest, anything with the three letters GLG is going to make me run for the hills fast. There is nothing about GLG that inspires thoughts of a professional organization, which is what would inspire trust… which is what a certification is all about. And IMO you cannot build that kind of trust around GLG. You would be better off with another label for the certification, honestly. Keep the expertise, keep some of the people even, but you would be best off leaving any straitforward connections with this forum out of your certification. Call it the Good Cannabis Cert or something professional, but for gods sake try not to connect it to the GLG label or this forum.

My two cents on that. Wishing you the best guys, keep on keeping on.

17 Likes

Have you done business with any of the gang? I know 99% of the interactions I’ve had with GLG members has yielded greatly for all parties involved and it’s always been pain free for me.

Plus the amount of heavy hitters we have on the discount program is pretty impressive.

Andddd the lil meetups are a networking powerhouse event

5 Likes

I don’t think that’s the point. The cert program wouldnt hold any weight in the industry for long if it’s associated with stoners. It needs to be presented in a professional manner.

1 Like

It seems to be your perception that stoners aren’t professional :call_me_hand: and that’s str8. I disagree though

3 Likes

It’s definitely going to be the perception of most any company coming from another industry looking to spend millions.

1 Like

The gang has 100s of member businesses run by wealthy people from many different previous occupations that could care less what the organization is called because we provide an insane value proposition.

We should probably ditch every other certificaction program that already exists because they might as well just use GMP instead and only.

Thats what you are saying, right?

That’s like saying the forum wouldn’t hold any weight because its just a bunch of stoners.

But 3 years in and the constant I crease in traffic, citations in the media, and being the defacto source for the expansion of cannabis processing knowledge proves that theory completely inaccurate.

3 Likes