Georgia Hemp Regulations came out over the summer.

Looking for feedback from hemp labs (or growers) in other states that have regulated hemp cultivation / production.

Curious how the GA regs compare to other states (ours seem pretty strict).

$25,000 permit fee for processors (1st year), and $10,000 permit fee for subsequent years.
$100,000 surety bond.

Here is the link if anyone is interested in the entire document:
http://agr.georgia.gov/Data/Sites/1/media/ag_news/legal_notices/files/2019/Hemp-Rules-(CLEAN)-(July-2019).pdf

Sorry if this is posted incorrectly, or in the wrong category.

1 Like

Wow. $25,000 fee to be a hemp processor? It’s only $3k in Kentucky lol. And then maybe 1 or 2k more if you want to process other parts of the plant. Seems like you guys are getting boned

Apart from the fee and the security bond, everything seems to be copy/paste from Kentucky

1 Like

They are both probably copy/paste suggestions from USDA (?).

only $1350 for a hemp processing license in michigan lol

2 Likes

Well, I was expecting some disparities but this is ridiculous. I wonder if Georgia is simply trying to discourage smaller players?

Feels like living behind the Iron Curtain over here.

2 Likes

Thats high A.F. TN you dont need a permit if your product is for vaping. If it goes into oils or something you ingest then you need a permit for “Food manufactoring” they come inspect your place and the fee is at most 750 bucks.

2 Likes

$50 for the grower and $50 for processor in Virginia. I wonder what 2020 prices will be?

2 Likes

So in TN you can actually put CBD in food and beverages? That’s a big no-no in GA (I think).

1 Like

Nc free for processors… 5 per acre + couple hundred$ fee for growers

2 Likes

Yep.

Now, the bill that was introduced this year for medical THC, thats a whole different thing. It went no where but maybe next year more people will be on board with it.

1 Like

I’m living in the wrong state

1 Like

If any cultivators in GA are interested in University research for materials engineering (papers, plastics, etc.) hit me up.

3 Likes

Vaping isn’t ingesting? Lol

1 Like

Right… but I have an email from the state saying it is not. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@hambread DM me

1 Like

With processing fees this steep in Georgia, growers will be better off doing the processing themselves…or selling their crop to out-of-state processors who have less overhead. Maybe that was the intent to begin with.

3 Likes

It was $25 in VT most years, maybe they’ll start raising it. But $25k? To grow hemp? That’s a load of shit

1 Like

@Phytoalchemy
The $25k is just for processing.
I believe licensing for growers is $50/acre and they capped it at $5000 (I.e.-the state doesn’t charge for anything over 100 acres…I think).

Definitely not processor friendly in the peach state.

1 Like

Sounds pretty elitist…

I lived in GA for years and love it down there but they can do better than this crap

1 Like

“”O.C.G.A - 2-23-7
(c) Until December 31, 2022, when a licensee destroys a crop pursuant to Code Section 2-23-8, the permittee with whom the licensee has entered into an agreement pursuant to this Code section shall reimburse the licensee for half of the amount of the combined value of the seed, fertilizer, labor costs, and any other reasonable and customary input expenses incurred with such destroyed crop.””

Any other states have clauses like this for processing hemp??? The more I dig the worse it gets.

It seems a lot more favorable to grow and not so great to process…unless you’re doing both in-house, and you can afford to do so.