GC Adventures for fun but, also profit?

I wanted to open up to the community and ask for any ideas you all may have on how to leverage a GC to generate income.

My initial thoughts were to sell potency testing to home growers, there’s a demand but I don’t know how consistent that demand is going to be or if it can scale sufficiently to make it a full time gig.

Not having any authority to issue certificates (and currently no desire to go through the hoops to do so in my state), I wonder what types of businesses may benefit from discrete cannabis testing? Who should I be looking for and how to approach them? Whats a reasonable price point to target? What kind of reoccurring packages might be of interest to people, if any?

I’m bad at social media, absolutely terrible at giving it any attention; How do I use it to reach a wide enough audience? I don’t know where to start here.

I think I have a valuable tool at my disposal, I don’t currently have the imagination on how to use it to its fullest income potential.

I really appreciate your thoughts.

4 Likes

Home growers and home extractors are always interested in learning what their products test at. It’s a bit grey/black market but I would assume as soon as you start testing one guys products they will brag to their friends about their results and then said friends will want a piece of the analytical pie.

Figure out how to test for actives in mushrooms and you’ll have a whole new venture with people lined up looking for results!

1 Like

I’ve been thinking exactly about this thing, and how to play upon it. I think this plays into the social media aspect.

To play upon this idea, specifically about bragging rights. I wanted to think of competitions, promoted through the brand as a way of selling testing. I’ve got some very good camera equipment available, I was thinking about setting up a little space to take some quality photos, of the flower but also closeups. As I write this out I wonder, again playing on the above, if there’s any additional value in pumping out short videos of peoples flower products as part of the presentation of the information. Imagine that, on top of something like this (pardon the crude proof of concept)

The above is a proof of concept I wrote to take the GC data and import it into a format I’m more happy to manipulate. I might be the only person who thinks having access to the full chromatogram is cool, but I did, so why not? Informations there, just need to clean it up for presentation (I do hate that part).

So figure some good quality shots of the cannabis material, maybe a short video presentation of it (only if this can be done in a semi-routine manner) thats easily shared on social media with branding/watermark, plus the chromatogram and integration information.

I liked the name “Know your potency” for this. Easy hashtag, easy domain (which i own) to remember and enter.

2 Likes