This is a system I designed and had built about 2 years ago. Unfortunately the plans I had for it never took off and the equipment has been in storage for over a year. I have done a few test runs and everything worked perfectly. Some parts are still brand new. System is about 25 - 30 Litres depending on set up
It is a fully jacketed and a very versatile system. The parts are all standard sized Tri Clamp, making it completely modular and easily expanded.
The main tank has a lid with attachable rotary feed through. This is an air tight coupler for an internal stirring / mixing bar and is belt driven by an external speed controlled motor. This allows for mixing in a closed loop set up - for example stirring under vacuum during distillation. The motor controller was dismantled and built into a prototype control box which is included and works but isn’t finished and would not pass an inspection from an electrician so may need to be sorted.
Common 1/2" and 1/4" BSP is used throughout and all the jacketed parts have quick release, non-drip hose connectors. I’ve had the system at over 100C, down to -40C with no problems. This will require a heater and or cooler and suitable pump for pumping the thermal transfer fluid around the system. I have about 40L of liquid that I can include but probably only if you collect it.
This is everything included: (TC = Tri Clamp)
- 8" x 24"Jacketed Spool - 20L
- 8" Lid - 5 x 1.5" TC, 2x1/2"BSP Female, 2x1/2"BSP Male
- 8" Lid - 2 x 1.5" TC, 1x1/2"BSP
- 8" to 1.5" Jacketed Bowl / Reducer
- 8" Jacketed Flat Bottom tank. With folding handles. Jacked surrounds side and bottom.
- 2" x 20" Jacketed Condenser
- 8" Filter Plate with internal ring
- 20" Cartridge Filter with 1.5"TC in/out. Uses 226/Fin filter sizes up to 20" Also has legs. Filters not included. I can provide a UK contact for very affordable filters.
- Vacuum Rotary Feed Through Shaft - With propeller - Allows for air tight stirring internally
- DC motor controller & belt etc
- 1 x Bichman RipTide Pump
- 2 x 1.5" x 6" Sight glass
- 2 x 1.5" Sight glass for lid
- 1.5" TC x 26" Thermometer dip well / Thermowell
- 2 x 1.5" Multi-position, locking ball valve - stainless
- 3-way T Port ball valve 1.5" TC
- 1.5" TC rotating spray ball
- 2 x 2" to 1.5" TC Reducer (for condenser)
- 2 x 1.5" TC 45 degree Y
- 2 x 1.5" TC 90 degree bend
- 1 x 1.5" TC U / 180 degree bend
- 2 x 1.5" x 6" straight spool
- 5 x 1.5" Blanking caps
- 4 x 8" TC Clamps
- 25 x 1.5" TC Clamps
- 2 x 2" TC Clamps
- 4 x 1.5" High Pressure TC Clamps
- 4 x 1.5" TC to 1/2" BSP Female + 4 x Male
- 4 x 1.5" to 1/2" Hose Barb + 4 x 1" Hose Barb
- 3 x Rubberised mounting clamps for 8" spool - 10" Clamp
- 2 x Rubberised mounting clamps for condenser + 2 for filter housing
- Viton gaskets for everything + lots of spares.
- Mixture of 1/2" BSP ball valves, adapters, 90’s, Tees, air connectors etc. Loads of bits, 20 - 50 pcs probably. All stainless.
This system is the result of months of planning and design and is very unique so is hard to price but I’m looking for around £5000 or $6-7k. I am open to offers for a swift transaction.
I have done my best to describe it as accurately as possible but if you have any questions, please let me know.
I can ship via freight services pretty much worldwide and if the price is right I will probably just ship for free if youre in the uk. Cash, Transfer, Paypal or Crypto.
Also note that I am in the UK and all electronics are 230v. I will sell without electrical parts .