FTL X-75 Cartridges (dental ceramic snap tops)

I just got samples of FTL x-75 carts to replace Ascent. The fit and finish is great, they are clean and aren’t painted steel. They hit really hard. They are ~$2 cart. The one thing I don’t know is if they come in a loading tray to save time. I’ll have to ask their sales person. Has anyone else tried them?

5 Likes

Screw or press on?

I jumped the ascent ship 3 months before covid. GLAD I did.

1 Like

They are screw on. I’ve had nothing but bad luck with press fit.

2 Likes

How many did you buy to get them for 2$ i bought a pack of 100 and I paid 4$each.

2 Likes

These cartridges are less reliable than Ascents though lol… why buy them at double the cost?

5 Likes

@qma I was looking at these too. Is that metal at the base?

These and the cartridge you posted are the same cartridge. There is a metal base plate, but no metal base like the ascents

2 Likes

The wolkenteks talk the talk and wolk the walk

Lol, I had to

6 Likes

Maybe if wolkentek could actually send reliable cartridges that don’t need to be serviced at every turn.

3 Likes

Yeah I grabbed a batch of these carts to test and they are great, no more iCells for me. The main manufacturer of this cart also offers it under another name for cheaper than the distrubutor.

1 Like

Anyone else have trouble keeping the gasket aligned on feature #8 when capping?

3 Likes

Yep, that’s the only problem I’ve had so far. Sometimes even taking off the tip can pull the gasket out with thicker extracts. Not sure how to deal with it.

1 Like

We’ve had ZERO performance issues with the Accent.

The snap on top and the oval ports help the user better work with the variability of cell packing.
The oval port carries an air bubble more frequently

When the customer is instructed correctly, they are instructed to not use the cartridge when the air bubble is present in the port.

Removing the bubble is usually achieved by wiggling or removing and replacing the tip.

This is harder with a screw top, which is fixes the tip in place.

Anyways,

I got the master boss at the “Ascent” company and get Ascents for $0.85.
They also get me CCells (clone) for $0.58

Which brings up an important point.

I’m done paying anything over $1 for ANY cartridge.

Anything over $1 is direct profit and a $1 upcharge on the product is highway robbery.

This is why we tolerate the slight paint blemish on the 510 ringer and the slightly askew tips when snapped on.

1 Like

The you should have told the “master boss” to make his carts better quality 3 MONTHS before covid shut down. Then they reopened and had even worse issues.

3 Likes

I sell iCell and Wolkentek. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. No cartridge on the market fits the niche that iCell fits. An operation of 2 people filling iCell can compete with 4 man teams filling screw tops like wolkentek.

5 Likes

Well Master Boss only checks his email once a day, he isn’t a minor boss who checks email every 5 minutes and wakes up a 2 am to do it.

Anyways, quality is subjective.

I 100% agree with everyones opinion and review of the paint and the glue.
Those two issues are quality control and should be rectified.

The FTL X-75 seems to have molded the ceramic on the 510 connection where the Ascent seems to have just pulled an off the shelf 510 connector and painted it white.

The FTL redesigned the 510 connector, so you have to pay 100% more for the piece.

I’ve found the ceramic cell and coil within the Ascent cartridge to be good. Better than adequate.

When I place the Ascent on a smart battery, it knows the coil is 1.21 ohms.
A Qcell is usually 1.4 and a CCell is usually 1.6-2.0 ohms.

Without getting into coil/cell composition and whether a wire with more/less resistance creates a better or more reliable temperature, I can say running Ascents at 2.2-2.5 volts is really tasty and pleasurable.

I do not get this experience as often, or during the entire length of a CCell circle port 2.0-1.6mm cartridge.

Again, I have not reviewed the FTL and am interested in trying. But I have found the press top to more easily tolerate vacuum lock and I’ve found the oval ports to work better. So those features are not avaiablbe on the FTL.

4 Likes

I havent used the FL either, but I did go thru 4000 of ascents .5ml carts. The last 1000-1500 had 25% leak failures.

2 Likes

The first 200 QCell carts ($2.25) I carted, 70% leaked.

Never seen anything like it before or after.

Been making carts since 2013.

The person who is assembling each piece sometimes works the day shift, but there are also shifts that happen a AM hours on weekends that perhaps don’t have the same QC measures as the day shift.

The issue you are describing is a loosely packed cell. Tightly packed cells also suck.

There should be a qc step, something pnuematic that tests the resistance of the cell/wick tank so that it’s confirmed that the wick is packed correct for each unit.

1 Like

What did Aristech do to fix that issue?

Nothing.

2 Likes