Fresh Frozen to Dry HydroCarb yeilds

Hey all. Been extracting for a little while now. Just wanted to confirm some thoughts I had and if anyone would mind pointing me in the right direction for some math.

From what I have read and experimented with to my understanding it takes about 7LB of FF to make 1LB dry cured biomass.

When running my closed loop system at -80c. With cured material I shoot for about 50g per LB ran or roughly 10% yield. Starting to get into some fresh frozen now, the last couple runs have been 7 - 8LB and only netting about 2-3%. Just trying to wrap my head around the math and what I should be shooting for. That way I can figure out if Im doing something wrong. Thanks for all your time.

2 Likes

You need to know the starting material potency to even start to calculate your expected yields.

The lack of any potency numbers in this post has me believing you are missing the most important number in the formula.

1 Like

2-5% is pretty standard for FF material. Used to consistently see 70-80% loss in biomass weight when curing. As the midget says though, product potency needs to be taken into account.

4 Likes

If possible would someone drop the formula for me so I could figure this out. Much appreciated

1 Like

Formula is as follows:
Take X (representative sample) of the product you plan to run.
Send to Y (3rd party lab) and ask for a potency test.
X+Y=Potency.

5 Likes

FF biomass weight x 0.75 = y

y x (expected dry potency) = approximate yield

4 Likes