Forum Quality Control

you are on the net. better have thick skin.
some rude people are very smart.
i am a 1st class troll, yet can be kind as a mother.
i am new here but have read a lot of the sight so far.
seems the good stuff is at the pay sight.
long live free speech
Lrus007

Iā€™m honestly not too sure about that paid site being the good info thing. While yes, there are clear sops there, itā€™s been suggested much of it is distillate specific, and with a bit of research Iā€™ve found pretty much any answer Iā€™ve ever been interested in looking for in the free region.

Mind you thatā€™s all speculation. Iā€™ve never seen the paid side.

4 Likes

Seems like a banning is in order imho

1 Like

I figured the money paid pays for itself first time you use a premium vendorā€¦I assume, I am joining for the lab coat n meet ups . The sops will help me after I solve a few in-house logistical issues

3 Likes

Honestly thatā€™s why I was thinking about joining anyway, the meetups and the coat. Kinda far away rn, but next year is looking ideal as long as the cost doesnā€™t double again before I can get it in lol

I hadnā€™t considered the vendor discounts being very valuable since Iā€™m so small scale and several of my most popular vendors arenā€™t necessarily on the list as much as they are part of the community so discounts are still made available to us for our involvement here anyway. I can definitely see the value for companies that arenā€™t teeny tiny like me.

2 Likes

The prospect membership gets you access to the meetups, and all the SOPs for what they are worth, but not the discounts or a free labcoat (although option to purchase one) and is $200

The GLG was never designed to be a ā€œbuy the knowledgeā€ upgrade. Every SOP we have is just information freely available here, edited and formatted.

The discounts are why people signup, the meetups are why they keep coming back.

The lifetime membership will continue to go up, the annual is going to stay at $420, and the prospect will be cheaper next year, after 4/20

3 Likes