Forum brainstorming.

Replying from another thread…

Interesting thought. We do have a couple off topic sections like the Toking Lounge (lvl3 only, no topic), Ground Up(sustainability/interesting off topic), and Echo Chamber(shitposting). I think we are at a level in the community where smaller boards would be more sustainable vs another website.

They just need their own category, like the echo chamber. A great member submitted idea I’m mulling over is limit new users to a containment board (like help) for awhile before they can make new posts. get a feel for the community before shitposting/commenting.

If you’re serious about that, PM me. I would like to see something more anonymous than this, and also let users create an moderate their own boards. p.s. hashchan.com is taken :frowning: but I love the name.

"Anonymous pamphlets, leaflets, brochures and even books have played an important role in the progress of mankind. Persecuted groups and sects from time to time throughout history have been able to criticize oppressive practices and laws either anonymously or not at all. "
[Supreme Court Justice Hugo Black, Talley v. California , 362 U.S. 60 (1960)]

I’m into exercising/advocating freedom of speech. Part of fixing anything is talking about it.

Shout out to @Killa12345 and those 15mg gummies. Woo, they got me! Great meeting everyone.

10 Likes

We can call it the Degenerate Whiteclaw Gang. All proceeds go to whiteclaws for the next event.

1 Like

I’m not even sure shitposting is related to new users. I feel like it’s just a few malcontents including some who have been around quite a while. My first post here was a job posting and it turned my life in a whole new direction. If that had been segregated to some sub board where it got no responses i might be a much less happy man today. For that reason i really don’t think limiting new users is the solution we should be going for. Instead i think maybe we should just enforce more strongly against abusive users with things like fewer flags required for a temp ban.

8 Likes

There’s a big difference between being abusive and shit talking for fun :100:. I believe the point of it would be to separate the shit talking for fun from getting in the way of new users just trying to gain information which is what this site is about.

5 Likes

I follow hashratchets on ig for industry lulz.

2 Likes