Floraplex issues

Isnt acetic acid used in some terpene isolation techniques? So its basically still present in the terp blends? How did you come about this information?

1 Like

probably read it on their SDS. its nothing to hide.

buyterpenesonline DOT com/wp-content/uploads/FLPX-SDS-Blue-Cheese-4.pdf

its in just about every artificially sweet flavor. nothing new.

1 Like

In an arteficial flavor it makes sense for the ester ification but for natural terps plant derived it does not

2 Likes

Check the SDS for them.

The compounds are effectively acidic alcohols. They can read as ethanol on RSAs, based off what I’ve read, not good to vape.

Once again we’ve got some Tom foolery. They are not terpenes.

7 Likes

More not so stable esters for inhaling. Great! :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

ethyl acetate is used in flavor fragrance extensively. at low ppm its got an over ripe fruit odor.

you are correct in that it is NOT a terpene though. theres a lot of minors in their formulations that are not terpenes

1 Like

No they are certainly not terpenes and shouldn’t be vaped

1 Like

It be nice if you could dissect one and point fellow members the Esther compounds in their flavors
And make us know what is good and more importantly what’s not :fist_left:

2 Likes

Isolate only blends smell like cheap cologne. Flavors occurring in nature are never just made up of terpenes. A rep at an expo told me last year that TT started using esters in their blends too. These compounds have been used in eJuice flavors for the last decade and those people inhale 10x more of it with nicotine than anyone ever ever could with disty

4 Likes

Should terpenes be vaped?

2 Likes

Honestly I don’t think any compound should be Vaped

1 Like

Both of those esters and several others are about to be added to the FDA list of Harmful or Potentially Harmful constituents.

Once they are officially on the list, the FDA will come after you for using them.

Humans should probably not inhale any vapor, but what fun would that be?

The fda can get in line behind the dea and atf

1 Like

No way they are banning all of those

We will find out soon. The comment period has been over for over a month. Some ar definitely going if you read the FDA’s justifications in that document.

That document is regulations for tobacco products though.

Edit: I’m not saying we shouldn’t avoid using those ingredients if they deem something unsafe enough to ban. If it’s unsafe flavor/terpene companies should remove them anyway. we just don’t know yet. I’d be surprised by a few of those given how they make up such huge parts of the nicotine eJuice industry.

It is tobacco products, but the end result is adding any of those unnnaturally is against the FDA regulations. They are unavoidable when burning tobacco, but the FDA is not ok with any of them being added to e juice either. I doubt they adopt all 19, but they will adopt at least 1/3 or 2/3 of them.

While I don’t disagree with the health concerns, it still does not actually pertain to our industry as THc/CBD vape carts are not regulated by the FDA (yet). If they’re officially banned from nicotine ejuice then the right thing to do is for us to voluntarily stop using them in our products too. They’re not necessary, that’s for sure.

The thing to remember is flavoring in ejuice is much stronger than carts. That stuff is disgustingly sweet and the percentages on a lot of those compounds is way way higher. Not saying it’s 100% okay but as with everything, moderation is to be considered. Also keep in mind ejuice mods are going through 10x as much flavoring as we ever could with a thc cart. Those guys are vaping 5ML with 10% flavoring in the time we go through 0.5ml with 5% terps/flavoring (probably less actual flavoring). These are rough approximations but something to ponder

Colorado has chosen to adopt the list used by the FDA. I’m sure they wont be the last state to do so.

3 Likes