Flagging abuse

im not aware of who lincoln is

and while that is rude behavior for people to treat mr wolf like that it doesnt really speak to current innovators.

@Lincoln20XX

I mainly use the forum to help people who reach out to me in dms now. I guess since i quit the game last year i really don’t know what’s going on.

I haven’t followed anything since the d8 conversions happened. I’m glad people are still killing it. I got fucked over too many times and for too much money to want to keep going.

3 Likes

What a shit show good job forum police!

1 Like

Umm you can start that shit show in my DMs if you want :rofl:

2 Likes

The flagging system is a decent way to keep things civil if the users use it that way. As with any system, it can be abused or gamed by those who wish to do so.

At one point I found a way to check post/read time statistics, and I was pretty much dead last in the post count of all users in the TL3 group.

For the most part, I try to stay out of the general non-technical discussion here as possible.

I post when I feel I have something to contribute that will possibly help someone else. Otherwise, I keep my head down.

I used to say that this forum had the highest signal-to-noise ratio of any online forum that I had ever seen in my three-ish decades of being part of online forums.

I no longer make that claim.

The general community here is a bit too much like a frat house party at 1 am for it to be something that I have the time to wade into. Real life keeps me way too busy.

As much as I love arguing with people on the internet, especially ones who are being deliberately ignorant and arguing in bad faith, I’ve got a company to run and a lot of people who are relying on me to make sure they can put food on the table.

Is the frat house atmosphere the mods fault? Partially, but only because they’re the ones in charge. It’s their house, so it’s not unreasonable to consider them at least partially responsible for the actions of the people they invite in the door and allow to stay.

There’s nothing wrong with a little 4chan. But it should stay on 4chan, in my opinion.

Most of the real innovation now gets shared in groups like this. There are some groups of people who still hold the originally professed ideals of Future4200 and the GLG in high regard - level up together, etc. They generally don’t say much here.

Being a forum/community mod fucking sucks. No matter what you do, someone - and likely many someones - are gonna hate you for something you do or don’t do or are perceived to do or not do. Try to keep things clean and you’re a fascist. Try to keep a light touch and whenever you do smack someone for being egregiously unhelpful you’re playing favourites.

What could the mods do to make it better? I dunno, really.

Are there any good answers here? I doubt it. This problem has existed long before this forum, and it will exist long after this forum is forgotten by all who are alive today.

Future4200 forum’s eternal September was some time in 2019, I believe.

Future4200 forum is dead! Long live Future4200 forum, long shall it reign.

6 Likes

I was referring to the self appointed mods who decided to have a flag fest not the actual mods who are in large part absent entirely

2 Likes

The Majority? What is the majority? Ignorance is what the Majority is, intellect has always been among only a few.

Friedrich von Schiller

4 Likes

Not everything ends up in the echo chamber

A lot of the off topic stuff gets swept away to the EC

this place just needs a few more janitors.

Time for new tl4 elections @sidco @Future

2 Likes

The “janitors” are the ones who decided to remove SPDKing which everyone just got pissed about.

2 Likes

The king needed his own janitor.

Like a probation officer.

Get a tl4 to vouch for him and personally monitor his posts for x amount of time

2 Likes

I already suggested his biggest lv4 advocate

@Killa12345

The janitors had no part of that decision. That was a strictly @Future removed him. That wasn’t even up for discussion.

4 Likes

Oh, that’s the case? Cause Future said it was a communal TL4 decision

1 Like

That was not at all a community decision…… not a lvl 4 decision. We do discuss some of these things. That never was a topic or thread. He was here and gone with no interaction. Maybe it was a lvl5 thing but us lvl4 had no part in that

4 Likes

I’d be all for that. But it seems like most people want “no banning or deleting posts no matter what someone does”. Personally i think that would be disastrous. But i guess i am out of step with the majority on that.

2 Likes

After all the racist shit stayed. That was discuss among lvl 4 and lvl5. I said if that’s here to stay then all should be here to stay. I was fully against all the racist shit getting erased but once that was shot down by some of the mods saying just cause I hate the speach don’t make it hate speech.

I was like ok. Let’s see how this goes. After it got worse. I was for just keeping all the shit

I really wish the token lounge for lvl 4
And 5 was read only for the rest of the forum. So you can at least see how some of this stuff is discussed. This is something I also lobbied for

2 Likes

I don’t think we should ban or delete a thing

It should be swept up into the dustpan and put in the EC and closed after 24 hrs of last post

It used to be common practice

2 Likes

I’m moving into a warehouse which is why I haven’t been cutting shit up as common but I’m almost done. And will clean a bit more soon

4 Likes

The job is not solely yours…

3 Likes