First run on new 2L spd

1 Like

Wondering if I need a diffusion pump to get a good vacuum depth. Hopefully 100cfm works

1 Like

100cfm, Are you running a 22L still? What vacuum depth does the pump pull to blanked off?

2 Likes

6micron

2l. Might work for a 22l?!

Its grossly oversized. On a 2l rig I run an 11cfm pump. You’re going to have a hell of a time not boiling over. I’d reccomend a smaller pump.

4 Likes

What kind of pump is that? You can get a alcatel for oretty cheap which would work perfect for a 2l

3 Likes

Goddamn son! 100cfm on a 2l??? Waaaayyyyyy oversized. Have you actually used that beast on your system yet? Did it go Mount St. Helens on you immediately?

5 Likes

It’s defiantly big enough for a 22l lol. Usually figure for 4cfm per liter, more is better but only to a point.

1 Like

Honey I vacuumed the kids

8 Likes

It’s a Kinny lol. Isn’t she purty tho?

2 Likes

Straight To the point

1 Like

If you ran a 2l spd’s on each of the take-offs of that vac manifold, and ran a 10l off the top you would be in the right range!

What would a suitable diff pump run for that monstrosity!

1 Like

Is your setup full bore or are you using gl fittings? If gl fittings the high cfm won’t matter as much because the flow is restricted.

It’s a 22l Frankenstein. I’m hard piped to a big hp cold trap. I have 2 GL fitting cold traps before the big hard pipes cold trap, till my upgrades come in. I want to get 3-12 l systems to replace this dual head.

Used it on several runs bud! Its knarly. I team it up with a old alcatel and am religious about oil changes