First grow set up

Hey guys !
I’m looking to dial in my setup for the best personal weed a man could grow
Any thoughts are welcome !
Media’s , nutes , supplements , watering systems , humidity , temp all that good stuff ! Trying to learn the best ways

Just got my first indoor setup going
Using coco , fox farms 3 part , power si and Athena stack aswell as cal mag plus

Looking to switch my base nutes to flora flex , Athena , front row ,ambrosia cropz . one of the new better lines of stuff! Also how do I get my hands on some AGT-50 ! Lol

I’m 5 weeks into veg and running TC from cltvtd. , Ice cream man , marshmellow og , and glazed apricot gelato
I also have some grease monkey from 3bros and some gelatos from a buddy
Any tips on when to clone these girls ?

Also how often should I be hand feeding/watering untill I get my drip system set up I can’t seem to dial it in

3 Likes

Ice cream man

Glazed apricot gelato

Marshmallow og

Grease monkey

The 4 gelatos

https://www.mrfulvic.com/8-oz-mr-fulvic/

My fulvic is agt-50, but available at retail.

4 Likes

Your in my area. If you are in need of assistance send me a dm. I can get you dialed in.

8 Likes

Are your plants sitting on an old mattress with a moving blanket on it? Even if not, it looks like you’ve got about a million surfaces that’ll collect nasties (mold, mildew and the like). Get some panda film or something on the walls and eliminate any cloth materials that can hold onto water. You want to be able to scrub the whole room down, and you don’t want the moisture to absorb into your walls and subfloor.

Looks like you’re in the process of finishing out the room, so it may be a non-issue soon. That was what I noticed right off the bat, though.

9 Likes

Sounds like you have a solid start! Just remember to clean, clean, clean!

4 Likes

One common misconception is to DRENCH your plants. Try to focus just a lil` bit on the root area so you’re feeding them what they need and will gobble up all the nutes accordingly.

Bodybuilders eat small meals, fat fucks eat big ones (in this case, the bad fat fucks who you can hear breathe loudly while they’re standing still in a cold, dark room)

5 Likes

Foil faced insulation panels would make decent walls. Frp fiberglass paneling is stronger but a little pricier.

3 Likes

Avoid athena I’m sure it’ll work well like most but it’s just so overpriced, to many sponsors given out on IG makes it seem the best but it’s just good marketing.

Keep it simple I did to much with so many different micros and enzymes when starting. Most 2-3 parts will be good just add calcium, magnesium and sulfur(Epsom salts and calcium nitrate will take care of the 3.)

I’ve removed the 2 from my mix recently but many will attest to silica and myco product for the roots.

5 Likes

Just remember to KISS (Keep it simple, stoner). I ran a hydro store for a lot of years and the first thing new guys want to do is buy every biostimulant additive under the sun thinking they need them to grow.

A lot of folks are just running silica (soluble or AgSil16), Jacks/MasterBlend/HGV as a base, Cal Nit, and fulvic. You might need to add epsom salt if you are running LED/CMH/sungrown. If you have stretchy plants and want to get fancy with it, calcium and kelp at transition.

Keeping it simple can grow some fire affordably.

13 Likes

Only word of advice is piggy backing on the cloth random shit in your tent. But biggest advice I can give is cover up that insulation ASAP if you have ventilation or fans running eventually you will have fibers sticking to your plants and end up in your nuggets. I had a homie run a tent in his attic first grow taught him a huge lesson about fiberglass fibers and how easily they flow. His fans exhausts were all covered in fiberglass hence his plants were too…smoking fiberglass is :-1:

As far as nutes go I’m not always the best caretaker of my own grow, still grow fire :fire::raised_hands: but I have had excellent results with mega crop and sweet candy. Most of my plants have been able to take some heavy duty feedings and I grew some beauties.

5 Likes

I’m still finishing the room !
I just installed waterproof flooring and I’m installing reflective double bubble insulation on all walls

1 Like

They are sitting on a plastic table with an old blanket on it , I don’t have a grow tray / runoff tray yet so the blanket is just to absorb excess water after watering , unfortunately at the moment I have to move the plants outside to water them back inside , going to be setting up a rez and drip system

I’m using reflector double bubble insulation on the walls !

1 Like

I’ve been slacking I already have to foil walls just haven’t installed yet

1 Like

How much epsom and nitrate should I be adding ? Mix it in the media as an amendment ?

Don’t mix in it your media lol.

If you want something easy to use and that’s alot cheaper, lookup jacks 321

At your scale, you can actually buy kits on eBay.

I’m lazy rn, but Google Jack’s 321 and you’ll find out how to mix and at what rates etc.

4 Likes

I top dress both epsom and nitrate