Fires in Humboldt, be safe fam

Yesterday’s sun, and today can’t see the sun at all. As a crow flies the fire is 20 miles south of us. The winds are blowing south west heading towards Alder Point. Be safe out there.
She had to wear a respirated and goggles just to water.

4 Likes

This is at 3:30 pm. It’s like in the movies they make about sci-fi mars. We’ve never seen anything like this before. And we’ve had many fire experience in the north west.
Much love for the firefighters out there, I can’t even imagine.

3 Likes

We need a “don’t like” button for these fires. Thanks for sharing brother. Stay safe and ready to move out at a moments notice.

3 Likes

like the apocalypse, had to use headlights at 9am.

2 Likes

Ever seen the show Once, its like when there in the underworld right now here.

1 Like

Nah.
We now have ash fall and the fucking bats are flying around in the middle of the day. It looks like Halloween outside. I’ve never seen that before. We’re on the 36 near Dinsmore. We started to pack up I’m just trying not pack up a whole lab. Fortunately we only have four dogs. But we’re ready, we have a big van and suv. It’s going to be a long night though.

3 Likes

Well if you need anything or help let me know. Be safe

4 Likes

Anybody needs some temporary storage space or respite, I live in Sacramento. 3 bed 2 car garage by myself. Well behaved dogs welcome.

5 Likes

We’re evacuated up in Eureka if anyone needs an emergency hotel room we could help!

Hotel rooms are running out with the new fires

2 Likes