Fires are coming, evacuation warning

Fires are coming I think I should dump my tanks I’m not taking with me. Any thoughts, it’s 300 plus of gas. The loss of gas sucks but my thinking is leaving the gas may be worse for the firefighters. Stay safe people, there are a ton of stories here of whole farms gone in the last couple days. I’m in north eastern Humboldt.

7 Likes

When the Butte fire burned up to our door we dumped a few hundred gallons of ethanol and sprayed it with the hose. and took all the product and gas that we could. We moved all of our gear towards the middle of the structure as well, hoping it would get hidden in the ashes. Those were the 215 days here in CA and it was all gray.

Our reasoning was it would be a lot better if no one was hurt.

Good luck up there. I’ll be hoping that it a works out.

9 Likes

If you’re legal you could always call and ask what do I do guys?

3 Likes

Dumping 300lb to atmosphere is not an intrinsically safe maneuver. But getting it gone so it doesn’t take out a firefighter or six would certainly be my response.

Last time I had to vent 100lb it took me several hrs, venting for short bursts then letting things dissipate. I could SEE a 200ft radius cloud I was making. Made me really nervous.

If you’ve GOT TO GO get them out in the lot and get them venting. Then get the hell out.

22 Likes

What @cyclopath said. I’ve only ever had to dump a 20, but even that made me nervous

2 Likes

If you’ve got a stiff wind you’re in better shape. I always seem to pick cold and still. Usually with an inversion layer too.

5 Likes

Yeah that what I wanted to hear. It’s locals and outsiders fighting, I’m disabled and can’t fight my thinking is leaving any gas extract/ heat cook is bad for the firefighters.

4 Likes

Where are you at!

3 Likes

Dude harvest is fuct this year. I think flower prices will be crazy and oil will be flooded. I got away with 3 harvest before ash came. The ash plants as I call em smell like dirt, earthy. Sucks, campfire og for sure.

8 Likes

Dinsmore

2 Likes

Damn. Don’t have any peeps there to help you, sorry

4 Likes

Do you think the locals have a chance? I read a article that in Oregon locals saved a town of 9k they had water trucks bulldozers and shit

1 Like

I’ve had to vent tanks. Scary shit.

The trick is to do it In skiddie pool filled up or with a water hose spraying the whole area down from a distance.

Super sketch but helpful to make and render machine safe

9 Likes

I wonder what this would sell for in California right now?

6 Likes

My buddy jollyfarms has one at his farm . Bought it when the Ventura fires were at full bore. Then a farm hand with a broken down vex hole drove it into town on a beer run and the engine has been dead since.

5 Likes

Looks like you’re Currently at level 2 evac.
So I would take the time to vent.
Take your time.

Be ready to bail.

7 Likes

And if you don’t want to vent them. Maybe put them by your homes LPG tank. Rural firefighters are already prepared for those

Edit: sprinkler running on them would probably be appreciated as well

2 Likes

I was just looking at the cal fire map. Holy shit!

3 Likes

Man there trying. Firefighters and locals with scanners are shouting out the info on Facebook. I dislike Facebook, don’t use but damn it’s live time news of people sending out reports out here. As a bird fly’s the fire is 20 miles away. Ear to ground all night.
I know some neighbors have water tankers just for fires.
Everyone blames Californians for the mis management of its forest, but the feds own 55% of the forest here. People here know what to do but the feds are in the way. Then we have a orange leader that we have to kiss his ass for money and teach him we can’t just plant the amazing redwood tree everywhere.
We break weather temps here all the time now. I think I need a big boat, I’m not a boat guy but I think water world is coming and boat extraction may become a thing.

4 Likes

I wish you the best of luck maybe instead of a boat get a water truck I would make the 8 hour drive to help you man it. As for the weather shit hasnt been natural for at least 10 years. Who knows what the future holds

1 Like