Finding Distillate is getting into my cold trap

Been having a problem with find material getting into my cold trap line past cow? Been trying to find out why thats happening, do you think my Vacuum is too strong or is Im jumping my temps too high. Ive had a couple successful runs but ive noticed this on a couple runs and cant pin point it.

We can’t really give any input on that if you don’t tell us what vacuum level and temps your running at.

3 Likes

Its somewhere around 200 celcius in the mantle and about 90 celcius in the head. I dont know the vacuum pressure, never thought I would need one.

There’s no way you’re pulling cannabinoids at 90c head temp. Gotta be at least 137c on the head. Definitely need a vac guage my friend, helps immensely with troubleshooting.

5 Likes

Its would be like driving a car with no speedometer. They are crucial even if its a cheap one til you can ger a better one otherwise you have no idea whats going on in there and at what temp you should be seeing what. At those temps its probably just heads recondensing in your line not disty at 90c

2 Likes

Material in your vac line towards the cold trap right ?
These are volitiles that condense past the cow into the line
Always handy to make sure the line runs treu gravity towards the cold trap
Defenatly not cannabinoids
At that temp
GET aVAC GAUGE

2 Likes

Terps/residual solvent in cold trap rf most likely.

2 Likes

It’s not the temp I pull at but thats when I start to see the build up in my condenser. I appreciate the feedback guys, I think it is time I pick up a digital vacuum gauge, I have a manual one that’s inches in Hg I just never bothered with it. I did just replace my shaft seal on my vacuum pump which was leaking oil drastically so I’m hoping that would be one of the causes for this issue.

1 Like