Filtering/winterizing pumping methods for very waxy crude?? Help

What pumps do you use for filtering/winterizing? I have a very waxy crude that I mix at 10:1 with EtHO (aka slurry?). I bring it down to about -30 for winterizing and filtering in a jacketed tank. I’m getting this filter:

What pump or method can I use to push/pull the mix through the filter?

What do you think of this?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adblue-Pump-Self-Priming-Pump-Urea-Alcohol-Ethanol-Mebrane-Pump-38L-Min-230V/123909354957

Cheers,
Kit

Do a room temp to take the bulk out, or you might clog if you dont have multiple stages.

1 Like

this pump…

pump

with this smoother…

smoother

2 Likes

Good thinking, thanks.

That’s a little out of my price range at the moment but thanks anyway.

Go on beaker and wrenches website and get thw model number for the pump they sell for there filter. You can get them on ebay for 1/4 the price.

1 Like

That’s a good idea thanks, but I cant find the model number on their site. I’ll see if i can match any pics on ebay.

Gimme a min ill find it on ebay

Type in pneumatic diaphragm pump

1 Like

Awesome, thanks man.

Thanks for the shoutout @SpringCreek. @Kit Yep, a 316 SS pump with PTFE diaphragms is pricey, but we stopped selling plastic pumps with FKM diaphragms for low temp pumping for one reason: they were prone to fail at cold temps. You pay less up-front, but more in the long run. Some of our customers ended up splitting FKM diaphragms at less than 10 hours of use. Your mileage may vary.

If you’re hard up for cash, here’s our equivalent of the same pump listed above. It’s $695 in 12 GPM. We make it more plug n’ play with pre-installed tri clamp inlet/outlet, air filter & regulator, quick-connect air hookups, and a small stand:

3 Likes