Faster drying for flowers

I’m curious if a bucket or a box of desiccants in a dry room will help speed up the process. Or would this not work. If desiccants pull in moisture would it be feasible to add it dry rooms to help speed the process or will it pull terps as well

1 Like

Something like that would definitely speed up the process. I generally wouldn’t advise that but it depends on what the flowers are being used for. If you care about terps don’t try to speed up the drying or curing processes.

3 Likes

It would seem that a desiccant may be spent through just ambient humidity. You would need to routinely dry out the desiccant.

More fresh dry air wins and is probably easier than routinely dealing with the dessicant.

My experience has been that speeding the dry has negative flavor and quality impacts.

2 Likes

They make desiccant packs for shipping containers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=shipping+container+desiccants&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS834US834&sxsrf=ACYBGNQKYGy5xvIZrF4m7VpOVtV0hAkPVA:1572115391060&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjU_bebyrrlAhVCWK0KHY3vAfcQ_AUI9AEoAA&biw=1600&bih=765

Cough cough

Damp rid

Absorbs moisture

I’m not 100% sure if it will work for cannabis, but does wonders to absorb moisture

What’s your reasoning on needing to dry the flower quick? For flower, I generally go 12-15 days before I trim.

1 Like

More of a curiosity. Oregon got hit hard with cold weather and rain early causing crop loss. if one didn’t have enough space for what was grown and you are forced to harvest prematurely because of bad weather for example. Could a desiccants a good method to speed up the process someone already has in place. I’ve heard of people using propane burners to speed up the process. That seems like an unfortunate loss for terpenes and possible decarboxylation

On that scale I’m not sure. You can dry product very quickly in a warm dry room. Lots of dehumidifiers