Faster cart filling, will this work?

So I’m currently using the heated allflex syringe method but it’s a pain when filling more than 100 carts.
I dont personally like the idea of my heated oil being inside plastic that is being heated.
So I’m thinking of replicating the way Thompson Duke does it. I dont have the money to drop 5k on a filling machine.
Heres my plan. I’m going to have a 150ml glass syringe, wrapped with a silicone heat tape. That will be held with a simple lab stand and clamp. There will be a 1.5 foot 1/8" ID silicone hose going from the syringe to an Allflex 1UMT syringe. It is glass and stainless steel only, and has a check valve to continously pull from a tube line. The silicone hose will be wrapped in a heater rope and both the tape and heat rope will be controlled by separate PIDs.
I can get bigger syringes for bigger orders, but everything will cost under 400 bucks and should be a major improvement over the mainstream “cartshooter”.
Any problems I could run into?
I ordered everything, so I’ll post pics and my progress when they come in
Also, what temperature do u like to fill carts at?
I’m currently doing 140F

2 Likes

I wonder if @david can make a glass version that fits the all flex parts

2 Likes

Can you give me pictures or drawings?

1 Like

sorry , i can not do it

This is literally my design :rofl::joy: It works. I’ll post some pics I guess

10 Likes

Hahaha your the man!!
Already 5 steps ahead of me, thanks for showing that it will work, cant wait, I’ll show pics and where I find the parts.

2 Likes

I hit up David and hes making me a glass reservoir with a 24/40 Male bottom.
I have him making a glass joint 24/40 to barb, but thinking that a custom PTFE 24/40 barb would be better.
He priced them at 35 ea before shipping, but theres minimum order of 10.
Anyone want one?
I’ll stick to the glass for now, but if I get one or two others wanting the PTFE piece I’ll order them and distribute them.
I know I’ll want 3

I’m also thinking this can be improved somehow, maybe a push fitting for ptfe?

4 Likes

I was gonna say qma is the man with the master plan on this one

1 Like

Might as well make it a group project, his column idea sounds really good

1 Like

Put it together and I will pick one up from you to do some R&D.

2 Likes

I would love to buy one and join in on the R&D, or even a list of links for the materials if it works better for you.

I already finished r&d

1 Like