Failures

Assume all vessels have pressure. Started tagging any units that are under any kind of pressure.

5 Likes

We had a 12L flask ruined by exhaust that was posing as crude from an outside source. Should have had the stuff tested before running.

3 Likes

Couldn’t figure out why my system wasn’t recovering. Found out that there was moisture in the coil and ended up freezing when I put it in dry ice. Make sure recovery path is clear.

4 Likes

Just wow!

Thank you all for sharing.

I’m not 100% certain that “liking” any of those posts feels appropriate to me :thinking:

I certainly like the spirit in which they are offered.

Learning from our own mistakes is one thing, others letting us learn from theirs is rare.

Bravo :clinking_glasses:

21 Likes

Fatal error: freezing material, letting it thaw or melt in any way, then cooling it again

Ice crystals cover the trichomes, effectively drilling your yields in the ass with a fat dildo

10 Likes

Ice water hash time!

6 Likes

My bosses read this board. So … yeah . No failures . …yet :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

Lmfao!

I had my vac line get full of etoh during just this.

Blast off! My thermometer and adapter hot my ceiling and then the glass cracked on the tile floor. It still holds vac (lol). Been waiting 4 weeks for replacements to get in stock at my local glass-r-us (usalab) store.

Seperate fail
Edit
And my vac pump (trivac, spare now), STILL reaks like burnt ammonia from my last run I did for the asshat, I mean lying client. I’ve flushed 2x and did 3 oil changes. Still no bueno.

3 Likes

Not my mistake but I have pics. Do not do this to your pumps. There was a wax trap and mol sieve filter.

2 Likes

I’ve seen that grease on brand new trs’s Before. Cps don’t give a fuck about us or our health and take all the shortcuts they can making that pump. Included are using hot glue to help make it “sparkproof” or whatever, and that nasty black I’m sure non food grade grease on the pumps internals… I bet that crap was in your buddy’s pump from jump.

2 Likes

Nope, that right there is errr was crude. A lot of it. I had more pics that didn’t post. And I know what it looked like before, not her first time on my bench.

3 Likes

A minor issue comparatively, but always keep a second trusted thermometer of one sort or another around.

In the beginning I wasted many hours waiting for CBD to dissolve in a luke warm solution because I mistakenly believed the digital readout on my equipment and apparently have girly fingertips now… I miss my cook hands.

3 Likes

Opening a pressured collection vessel on a 5 lb butane C LS. Entire upper body covered in BHO as well as my car, funny thing was the car was such a piece of shit, i estimated the BHO on the car was worth 4x as much the car. Still drove it around Seattle collecting dust and hair :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Letting air back into honey pot while it was still warm . Made something that looked like pulled pork …
It did insta budder tho . Too bad it was supposed to be poured lol

Old bubble bags shed microplastics into your product. Always good to have quality control on this stuff!

7 Likes

Delicious

chasing CBN with a slew of reagents only to find out that it was something that should have been my first option…

5 Likes

Is this a hint

2 Likes

I ordered a pair of super cheap 24/40 Teflon stoppers on eBay. It turns out they were super cheap because they were just Teflon coated steel… I found that out earlier this week when I couldn’t find my glass stoppers right away, so I opted to use my Teflon stopper and apparently it expanded much more than the glass joint allowed for after being heated. The $50 I saved on these stoppers was far outweighed by the $200 boiling flask I had to replace after the stopper broke the side neck. Not to mention what this down-time is costing me. :expressionless:

On the bright side though, I did get to use this opportunity to order some inexpensive spare parts from Chemglass along with the new boiling flask that I’ve been putting off because of the shipping cost. Silver linings… :man_shrugging:t3:

8 Likes

Do not dump your vac pump off the work bench, :face_vomiting: seized and cost me a new cartridge, and down time
A back up pump is needed, down time sucks

3 Likes