F4.2K Mission, Vision, Values? Did the founders consider upon forming this community?

We are getting into some very ancient debates about the fundamental dynamics of a society and its guidelines and core tenets. Unfortunately these debates are still ongoing to this day because there is no right answer and it’s all dependent on cutural relevance and pretty case specific…

It all depends on what we claim as our

-Mission-

-Vision-

-Values-

Curious @sidco @Sidco_Cat @Future

Did you guys ever draft anything like that for the forum during its inception?

I know it’s Hella Meta shit to think about…but perhaps if we drill down on this topic we can gain a glimmer of clarity into what direction this ship is headed

5 Likes

Every organization I have ever seen write those tends to later twist the language to suit their needs. They always come off as bullshit to me

I find well written blurbs like the faq to be more useful than playing bullshit bingo with the same few phrases while reading org’s “core values”

https://future4200.com/faq

5 Likes

i dont know if a mission statement, vision, and other corportate mumbo jumbo applies here. most of them people under one umbrella are working towards 1 real goal. Better the company so you can cash in on a piece of it.

here we are all working seperatly on our own shit and coming here to chat. When you go into your local bar. do you all follow your own beliefs or do you go into the bar think about their mission, vision statements and values… No.

this is just our watering hole.

23 Likes

I’d like to offer some input about what this forum means to me.

This is a place to gather all the bright ideas and bright minds from cannabis away from the influencers and marketing. It removes the noise and gets to the point about something we all love.

Since it is a cannabis oriented community I think it would be logical to represent some of the main ideals of that community.

The first one is probably “don’t snitch”
The second is “don’t poison people”
The third is “don’t be a thief”

In my experience I see most of these rules being violated by bad actors coming in from the hemp side of things. I blame it on younger folks getting their foot in the hemp door and not coming up from the black market side of things where breaking 2 of those rules could result in serious consequences to your health and well-being. It’s easy to be a cock-sucking rat fuck from the safety of a legal lab while you dime out the competition or other community memes than get your panties in a wad. It’s even easier to steal from fellow Chads as long as you are lawyered up and Chad isn’t gonna risk losing his trophy wife and condo to do prison time for beating your ass or shooting you. Carlos/Anfernee/Gutterpunk-Gary care more about their rep and setting an example and not letting your transgressions be repeated by others than going back to prison to see all their friends and family.

The poison rule comes from the medical marijuana community that was founded on capable cannabis caregivers helping sick people with medicine, most of which you have a close personal relationship with. It’s easy to poison a stranger 5 states away with your gas station gummies and carts when you don’t have to look them in the face or go to the hospital to visit them.

I think if you are one of the people that break these rules (sometimes habitually with phones full of incriminating screenshots and felonious accusations) that there should be consequences. I think we should have a badge for these people and it should be voted on by higher level members. That way if you choose to cozy up or do business with these unsavory types you have no one to blame but yourself.

38 Likes

“Don’t be evil” turns to “we never said that!” after so many billions. Impossible to reverse, but fixable if done with good intentions.

3 Likes

Hahahahaha

This.

8 Likes

Gather the heads. Show them how fun it is white washing the fence. Sell them expensive brushes.

1 Like

The choice of hands-off moderation software and the inability to delete posts gears this place more towards free speech, even if it’s ugly. That was my first impression when I got here.

16 Likes

One of my favorite things about this place is the ability to edit posts, and follow the edit history

8 Likes

When I first moved to Michigan none of the dispensaries here were REC yet, as a result I got introduced to a “caregiver” that was local. After a few times talking and hanging out, smoking and whatnot, he decided to show me around his garden.

The guy literally explained to me about how he didn’t use Eagle 20 because “That shit’s poison bro.” He then showed me what he did actually use, which, although I forget the product name… The active ingredient was; (Drum roll please…) you guessed it, myclobutanil.

Savage, lol. My point is, at least some of these “caregivers” aren’t that bright, they don’t sell directly to the consumer, and they don’t really care and/or are ignorant of what they’re doing. They find a method that works and they run with it.

For reference, I did inform him that he was basically using the same shit. He seemed to think it was fine.

12 Likes

How many times, running a pesticide testing lab, did i get medical marijuana growers failing? Every time the complaint, “oh, that result must be wrong, i grow medicine and i never spray it”. And then after a week of back and forth, finally we get “well, there was that one time…”

12 Likes

You know in the first month of Oregon’s pesticide standards being enforced, 70% of MEDICAL concentrates were failing? That is the truth, and what it comes down to for me is that pesticide use in the rec market is less than it ever was under medical.

7 Likes

It was a shit show before orelaap(spelling?)requirements for testing labs. Results were all over the place

2 Likes

A place to discuss the science of making hash and related stuff.

There are plenty of users here solely interested in the science, and not “Better the company so you can cash in on a piece of it.” but everyone is equally welcome.

There is (or should be) a category for everything, as long as the post goes in the right place it’s whatever the user wants it to be (by hiding categories they dont like, ie sales, carts, w/e).

8 Likes

That’s very true – pesticide testing before then was optional and also the quality was awful. That said, it proves that medical did not “self regulate” – when they weren’t being caught, people were spraying all over the place, and also straight up lying about it.

8 Likes

:100: right on

1 Like

mission statement - did you use the search bar

Values - questionable

Morals - sometimes

Vision - does it make you lol.

7 Likes

All seriousness though, I don’t think this should be a corporatized/defined place like everyone else said, you cant or wouldnt want to formalize a loose collections of drug addicts and criminals lol. Aside from a few key leaders who help guide this ship pretty fairly, i dont think any one has a right to define this place, you either have autism and love it, or you should go make your own platform.

If you want to see a what has been formalized out of this look at everyones individualized businesses or the hemp slingers. I defiantly can see trends between those who lead here, follower here, fake here or have never been here.

6 Likes

Well there we have it everybody… the F4.2K mission, vision, values :rofl:

3 Likes