Extraction. -30

If I extract with 190 proof ethanol at -30c and keep it at -20c minimum would I still have to winterize??
Or would I just have to carbon scrub???

Yes. To completely negate winterization you need to be below -60C, -70C to be safe.

2 Likes

I jus make sure I am at -40C during extraction. I don’t really see any need for winterization post extraction

1 Like

I’m between -40C and -50C Ethanol and can still get fats coming through, I see it in the sep funnel when I do LLE with heptane and saline rinses. I dont do winterization either but I still get fats, very minimal compared to warm ethanol and drastically minimal compared to warm bho

depends how quick you are imo.

haven’t gone to distillate with -20 Qwet, but back when I was extracting in mason jars a 90sec -20C wash made for pristine extracts.

knew then that a fuge was the right extraction tool.
tried all sorts of other things before finally getting my hands on one.

Still haven’t gotten to run one as hard and fast as I think it can be done.

2 Likes

I’ve only done 2x spd runs, and maybe 6 cryo etoh washed. During my spd runs, I’ve never noticed any green chylorphyl fraction. It goes from residual etoh/h20/terps/mains. Unless it’s so minute, I’m not seeing it. And I hold my mantle temps until the fraction is nearly over, ie not rushing my runs.

My cryo etoh pulls consist of dry ice cooler, stuffed with all ethanol used and trim. Let sit 1hr. Then dry ice directly into my etoh SS pots I do my wash in. Fully saturate, add more dry ice, stir, stir gently, then leave for 30-40 mins. Adding dry ice as needed in that time.

I just don’t think the minimals fats left over from a -40 extraction affects the end product that much.

I don’t do a LLE or any scrubs yet and I am fairly happy with the end products. It’s obviously not water clear, but definitely salable.

2 Likes

I always had good results w the 3min qwet

1 Like