Etoh extraction issue

Anybody have any idea what im pulling after etoh extraction?

Looks like hashish/plant matter

5 Likes

where are you pulling that from

Pulling it off a 5 micron filter it dissolves in water so def not keif or biomass

1 Like

Got your self some fat sir

2 Likes

Probably not fat if it dissolves in water. How much stuff/how much input? Looks like dirt/clay, does it dissolve or just wash away?

2 Likes

dirt from combine biomass?

4 Likes

Send in a sample to test?

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Beastmode50. Looks like kief to me. I’m with @Dr.stanky on this one.

How are you extracting? What size micron bags are you extracting in? Where are you finding this unknown material? How fine was the biomass milled? So many different things that could be happening and not nearly enough info to help you figure out what it is, what to do about it (if anything), and whether or not you should be worried about it. We need more info.

Help us help you.

6 Likes

And a better pic!

1 Like

Technically i cant say peramiters company policies. But our ethanol tincture doesnt get above -28 f. And a lot of the biomass we get is pretty ground. And its fresh. Im not 100% on the micron size on the bags. But when mixed in water almost all of it dissolves. There is a little amount of keif after been sitting for a couple of hours but most of what i put in the water has dissolved. And i apologize for the vague answers and questions pretty new to etoh extraction and methods. Think it could be sugars/chlorophyll etc.?

@Beastmode50
It’s kief and plant material bypassing your filter housing. Clumping looks like it has residual fats/sugars due to extraction only being -28°F

Definitely not pure fats or lipids though. Both can be made completely white pouring enough cold etho through it and acts like Crisco.

Some shake their bags over containers or dekief before the soak to avoid this clogging your filters every few soaks.

Also it’s probably not actually water soluble. It just likes to dilute itself.

Does it actually dissolve though? If it dissolves it could be sugar, but like most folks on here I’m thinking kief or powdered plant material. The important thing is that you’re filtering it out.

8 Likes

To clarify about the dissolving thing: if you take some and stir it into some water and then filter it, if it gets pulled out then it’s not actually dissolving, just suspended with the liquid

10 Likes

Adding to the chorus that sees kief and other fine plant material particulates.

If you can if fact stir it into water and are unable to filter it back out at 5um, then it’s not kief/particulate… but I’d be fairly surprised if that’s actually the case.

If material was hammer milled to dust, you might actually be looking at sugars, but those don’t usually drop out till you start evaporating solvent.

4 Likes

Seen it a thousand times, it’s a whole lot of nothin’ i.e. cakes of very fine plant material

Biomass was likely attacked by Ninjas, no shame in it