Ethanol wash on material post bubble hash wash?

I am trying to find a way to dry out my “spent biomass” after washing and then do an ethanol wash for crude but I am having a hard time on how to approach this.

Freeze dryer doesn’t hold that much and seems messy, what about spreading out on screens to air dry? Ooo or will one of those fancy panda spinners work? I feel so terrible wasting this stuff out :frowning:

centrifuge, panda, repurposed washer. you got a couple choices.

1 Like

Would a panda spinner remove enough water to then do an ethanol wash? Or would it still need to be air fried further? I am worried that the panda will also compact the biomass making extraction even harder but maybe I’m overthinking lol

how are you washing with ethanol, compaction might not even matter

1 Like

There is most definitely cannabinoids left on the biomass used for bubble hash

Here’s my recommendation, ditch the ethanol and dont dry the biomass…use heptane, let it soak overnight, it does not mix with water

Your welcome

16 Likes

Well thank you kind internet person!!

4 Likes

If you still go the ethanol route, you will definitely still want to air dry after centrifuging. Spin drying will help speed up the air dry process, but will leave too much water behind for a decent ethanol extraction unless you dry it all the way. Screens on a rack with airflow in a low humidity room should do the trick.

1 Like

I never tried extracting post bubble washed material. I am thinking it would make crude with a lot of undesirable plant waxes and fats. I guess that doesn’t matter after you distill it, but for low budget people like me without an spd unit, it probably would.

Yea crude is the idea so maybe just speed drying on a screen of some sort at like 80°F lol as no need for the terps!