Ethanol saturation tool

What is the name of the meter I can use to test the saturation of my ethanol during extraction to ensure I’m maximizing our efficiency.

2 Likes

Do you mean the proof of the ethanol? That would be a hygrometer.

If you literally want to test how much oil is dissolved in the ethanol, you’ll want an HPLC or GC

3 Likes

Is there a way to determine the the oil to ethanol saturation ratio using a hygrometer. I’m looking for an inline instrument to test this while we are running.

The @arometrix “extraction finder” is a purpose built analytical system designed specifically for your needs.

What you are describing is literally, the extraction finder.

8 Likes

And if you buy one of these from @arometrix tell them that they owe the loch ness monstah about tree fiddy.

6 Likes

Didn’t know they were making one for crude micelle. Neat. I wonder how well it works

2 Likes

They work great, id love to try one out on my high shear homogenizer.

Hmmmmm i just had a great idea…

@arometrix plz send me a unit for R&D purposes

6 Likes

Rowan, thanks for this. Exactly what I was looking for.

2 Likes

Could you use a refractometer to achieve the same goal?

4 Likes

Yes, in theory. @cyclopath was running down that rabbit hole for a year or something I believe

2 Likes

You could probably validate a method for it but it would be challenging to distinguish between the good and the junk I imagine

2 Likes

Dont thank me, thank arometrix, who has never paid me ever for the multitude of their products that i have reccomended to countless haply and satisfied customers, and also they have never ever paid me a dime or ever hooked it uppppp with any of their gear to use for R&D even though it would be SO great for both of us

5 Likes

You and me both buddy…

…but it sure it’s the right tool for the job!!

2 Likes

Yes, and it’s pretty linear from what I’ve heard…

I didn’t actually go down that rabbit hole, but I managed to convince someone who ALSO had an hplc to do so.

I could probably get their method out of them if I asked nicely.

2 Likes

We can share one

I forgot which serious industries practice this type of inline analytics foe decades?

Any idea how much this add on do hikie costs? :slight_smile:

Hello, future4200 community this is Jacob from Arometrix, I am the technical guy who can explain the technology and application. A big differentiation between using a spectrophotometric analyzer vs Density analyzer has to do with the better filtering when detecting cannabinoids, lipids, and Chlorophyll. Similar density compounds in the matrix can throw off values when using density-based detection. The technology which is in the extraction finder has been validated in used in previous versions such as the fraction finder and fraction finder ultra.
The application to monitor saturation in real-time can help improve your SOPs to Increase cannabinoid extraction, Reduce time = higher throughput, Create higher purity products, reduce solvent usage, reduce post-processing through better extraction parameters, and last but not least, reduce turnaround for RND runs because of instant analytics

3 Likes

@Jacob_arometrix thank you for chiming in since it seems we have a bunch of interested peeps with good questions. Is this basically a giant diode array detector?

2 Likes

Hey @SidViscous, it is more like a ccd array.

3 Likes

Do you or @Jacob_arometrix know what the intensity would read on your fraction finder when you are reaching max saturation?

1 Like