Ethanol recovery pumps similar to trs?

This is an impressive set up. I’ll surely be doing something very similar soon, just not quite on you’re scale.

Thanks for letting me pick your brain!

50L… holy shit

All the solvent doesn’t go in at once, it goes in slowly over time, the solvent evaporates, condenses, gets collected in the tank and the oil is left in the rotovap.

It’s nice being legal and being able to share, learn and help people!

2 Likes

No I got that. 55gallon extraction won’t fit a 20l roto. Haha.

So your slowly feeding etho through the system?

I’ve been waiting to find someone doing this so I could ask these questions… thank you thank you thank you

1 Like

Nvm, I misunderstood your message there. Your slowly feeding the roto. Got it

I started out open blasting with cans, pvc pipe and a pyrex dish! Luck I never got hurt or blew anything up. One part at a time over a long period of time things built up and they are still evolving! Yes, it slowly feeds into the rotovap. The vacuum controller is set to meter the flow into the rotovap.

I’ll never do butane extraction again. The stainless steel made it simple to switch solvents.

1 Like

I’m trying to conceive using 270 gallon totes of ethanol, making a slurry with trim, have a transfer pump to pump it into a centrifuge, then through filtration, evaporation and finally to a wiped film all in one continuous process. I can kinda see it in my head but I haven’t quite gotten it all straightened out yet.

Son of a bitch, I was not aware that was possible. I’m just getting into ethanol and distilling, coming from closed loop extraction myself.

Hope you don’t mind me referring back to you on this from time to time. If your ever giving lab tours, let me know! :slight_smile:

That’s a killer idea actually.

Yeah, I think they make centrifuges that run continuously separating the solids from the liquid. Like I said its still being kicked around in my mind. Once its all figured out I will happily share it with everyone for free. You can hit me up anytime. I am happy to help people out if I can.

3 Likes

What vacuum controller are you using?

Maybe someone reading this will kick in some ideas to put the puzzle together! It would actually be super cool if that were to happen! A community collaboration kinda thing!

J-KEM scientific

My wife’s gonna have a fit when she sees the new toys I’ll be buying.

1 Like

Just like grow room automation, some things pay for themselves with the time saved by not having to babysit! No more mixing nutrients, adjusting ph and watering by hand with that setup.

I run a rdwc system that is doing exactly that for me on the grow end. Set it and forget it damn near.