Electrolysis on crude

Any one eever tried electrolyis on crude cl
Seems iT shouldby able to decarboxilate
But also to change organic compounds
Into Maybe more Easely remuvable compounds @cyclopath @Photon_noir @QGA

1 Like

what you got in mind?

Iā€™ve done a lot of electrophoresis when separating proteins or DNA.

but Iā€™m not clear thatā€™s where youā€™re goingā€¦

Edit: Cadabinoids + Electrickery? How can that not be a win???

3 Likes

how about when used for drug testingā€¦

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/280498375_Rapid_capillary_electrophoresis_method_with_LED-induced_native_fluorescence_detection_for_the_analysis_of_cannabinoids_in_oral_fluid

1 Like

@Future wasnā€™t this what we were talking about last year? Lol

this thing was posted for sale around here recentlyā€¦

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhKRh0FHUR2/

and could possibly be used to scale the capillary electrophoresis cited aboveā€¦

:slight_smile:

and then?

6 Likes

Well i am not really aiming at anything other than an answer on the Quistion is there Any benefit of passing a current trough crude oil
Will anything have a preference for Any of the charged poles
Will anything react to a more favorable compound deu to electricity
Is there Any benefit for dooing this and
If so what is the benefit
Will heavy metals be altered ?
Will cannabinoids decarboxilate ?
Yust a idea wondering If Anybody has tried :grinning:
You know me by now full a shit and mad man dreamingšŸ˜€

1 Like

Your acidic cannabinoids will certainly respond under the right conditions.

Not willing to speculate on what happens if you chuck electrodes into a mason jar.

other than use platinum electrodesā€¦because others will corrode into your goods.

2 Likes

Would this be a viable method to produce CBN?

Yes there is precedence for the decarboxylation event to be aided by electrochemistry. It is not as simple as just running current through the solution, many times it depends on correct solvent, maybe added salts, and most importantly the metals used at the anode and cathode. Im sure you can find some stuff for decarboxylation via electrochemical methods.

This is a very neat field of research that is beginning to resurface, if you are interested phil baran at scripps is working on some electro organic synthesis stuff.

Every reaction is a reduction or oxidation of some kind so one can dream where you can fine tune conditions to selectively activate carbon carbon bonds of interest or any bond for that matter! :smiley:

I know this doesnt answer your question but the real answer is, yes I am sure you can do it, but also decarboxylating is a rather trivial task in my opinion, why get overly fancy with it even though I am falling in love with electro organic synthesis

edit: https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.chemrev.7b00397

5 Likes

tumblr_inline_nyr36f96zQ1ttqkpb_500

1 Like

Ignore the deleted post. I realized this wasnā€™t where I parked my car.

8 Likes

can a mod @cyclopath @sidco please link to @QGA last post in the tread cbn creating ? Thx

edit (mod): thusly? CBN creating - #241 by QGA

I am doing sulfur remediation with copper and have thought of charging the copper to speed/assist reactionā€¦

2 Likes

You mean link that post here?

4 Likes

So Iā€™m no real scientist, but I would have to assume being able to fine tune, youā€™d be able to jump electrons from one ring to another (theoretically)?

In essence the ability to controllably create either for stability (d8) or instability (d9)

1 Like

I do ā€œreverse electroplatingā€ to pull contamination out of water.

I am very interested in this crude tek.

2 Likes