EHO Color Remediation

ethanol
eho

#424

I’ll still be reporting back on the color of media once this is all done. And try to remember to get pics.


#425

Dcvc is wickedly easy with ethanol, and I turned black hemp oil into bright orange stuff


#426

Just ethanol and water?


#427

Yup once the celite top layer is caked I did a water pull to set it. Then
70/30 etoh (1 part)
80/20 etoh (2 parts)
85//15 (2 parts)
90//10 (1-2 parts)

Then flush the column with 95%.

I did everything with freezer temp stuff because you can keep the alcohol % higher so it’s easier to boil off after. If you do room temperature you’ll need to start with a 60/40 or maybe even 50/50 to keep it more in control.

Im also guessing that the freezer temp stuff stopped some waxes in there too, but could be wrong.

**Edit I did this on a 3-4" alumina column. I just keep it set and have dozens of washes on the same column


#428

I just noticed silica 60 pulled alot of green spectrum

Activated alumina grab a bunch of pink

Magnasol xl stayed the same

Couldnt tell what t5 did. It was darker than i started with

Celite had yellows in it


#429

How big was your silica cake? Was it just slowing the greens down chromatography style?


#430

This is with bho though, might be different with what you guys are using


#431

First time 2x was .5 cups
This time was .75 cups


#432

Ah yah, not experienced with the BHO. I don’t think it has the same effect with ethanol


#433

I seem to of gotten this to work somehow. Granted I’m working with ISO not ethanol right now. Anyway I kept using that T5 carbon silica pack I described above that I initially ran A heptane dissolved extract through. Not sure if the The cake just needed more time to settle or what but after letting it dry a few days and flushing it with clean ISO, I ran through this extract that I have tons of chlorophyll and looks black, and we’re getting neon yellow. This is a rewash of a bunch of material extracted last week, trying to get any last oil out of it after it set in the freezer for a week. I’m not sure if the T5 is making the carbon work so much better considering it is bad carbon, but something is working here.


#434

The only difference being you used heptane the first time and iso the second to dissolve your compound?


#435

Here are the colors of my media after depacking.

Activated alumina

Silica

T5

Magnesol

And no color change on celite.


#436

How was your finished product


#437

Gah, should have included a pic of that. Still black. Pretty sure it all just got way overwhelmed, with every powder but the celite retaining a ton of color. Though after passing it through, I could at least see through it with a flashlight. In solution it was a super deep red with the LED light.


#438

I have nvr had my powders that dark yet. It seems to be doing something.

I use way to much hardwood carbon in my last push yesterday and i got almost 0 or 0 return out of 700g of material. I added 5ml terps to my colection pot. No way to measure yet.

Doubt i could get 0 return even on preran stuff


#439

Like you had 700g of oil? And now you have 0g of oil?


#440

Only time ive gotten something like this i had found out that i accidentally dropped a razor blade in a mason jar filled with extract dissolved in alcohol.

It caused the solution to turn into black sludge that will not pass light at all. It has a real greasy feel to it and its dsrk red/brown when spread thin. Nothing seems to remedy the color but i doubt your solution had significant contact with ferrous metal like mine.

Still have it sitting on a shelf.


#441

Ungle nasty trim


#442

Rinse the charcoal with ethanol, you should be able to yank out 90% of what’s stuck in there


#443

Lol,
thankyou
A bit too late. I tossed all the powders. Btw im laughing that i tossed everything. Figures i could have salvaged it

Would the same principle work on hard wood carbon.