EHO Color Remediation

Are you using Ethanol or methanol

Ethanol, i have methanol though, should i use that for winterizing instead?

Room temp winterizing is a win in my books :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do you do that?

@Renchi I want to say @Kingofthekush420 posted an sop for it just recently.

1 Like

On here or on insta? I’ll do some searching.

@Kingofthekush420 does a 8:1 dilution rate the fats will just drop out at room temp because the polarity, you can bring down to -20 but I think someone said they didn’t see an improvement. BUT please read up on how to properly handle methanol! Don’t want to go blind!!!

2 Likes

Yeah, true. I have new safety goggles with out any breathing holes for that exact reason and have also been wary of using certain solvents.

2 Likes

Awesome! I’m stoked to get my meth tek on :sweat_smile::love_you_gesture: lab society sells it at 45 for a 5 gallon FYI!

2 Likes

Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

No problem! If I remember I’ll post my findings!

2 Likes

Says 90 where’s the 45?

1 Like

I go to -20 in a regular freezer, I get another 10% out. I get most out with a room temp filtration.

As long as you’re not drinking methanol you’re fine

First sign of methanol poisoning is a headache, if you dont have a headache you dont have methanol poisoning according to poison control.

Take a shot of ethanol after using methanol if you’re concerned, itll create an azeotrope and you’ll piss the methanol out.

Methanol is a cumulative toxin it builds up in your system

6 Likes

I would get the headaches just from having the fumes and getting it on my skin

I’ve never gotten a headache from the fumes, you must not have had proper ventilation

1 Like

regardless eye protection is needed with methanol. The fumes will deteriorate your eyes even if you dont have the “poison” feeling or headache along with cleaning the lab coats/clothes frequently. your skin should be exposed as LITTLE as possible when using it/vapors around.

3 Likes

They actually stopped selling carbon chemistry after some solvent was “contaminated” not sure how true it is, but they go through some local suppler now and it’s only 45 a gallon call them! I just ordered 5 pails :slight_smile:

1 Like

All solvent is “contaminated”

1 Like

Agreed! But thats what they said to me!

All you can do is pick your contaminants, and their amounts.