EHO Color Remediation

Ok, so far there has been a massive increase in yield. Color comes out the same after filtering and spd.

I’ve done 5 minute washes and ran and I’m doing 10 minute washes and will run the next time to see if there is any color change. Im sticking to 50 lbs per 15 so far. Will try more the next time around, didn’t have enough material to comfortably try this time. Im gonna try 2 min rewashes with what i ran, but it will take a while till i get through with that. I’ll keep updating it here.

So far I’m very happy with room temp in washing machine. No increase in fats or lipids either, really. I’ve also taken to hand crush the frozen material, which might have lead to the extraction picking up more compounds.

2 Likes

Theres not a significant increase in fats or lipids? Like without any winterizing?

I mean after 24+ hours of winterizing there is just a small amount of fats and lipids after filtering. Then after spd run it looks the same as dist that was extracted at -25c.

So for me i can get through more material quicker, cut out ph washes and still get the exact same product at higher yields without rewashing. So after i try and rewash what i have there might be even more coming out.

Are you using Ethanol or methanol

Ethanol, i have methanol though, should i use that for winterizing instead?

Room temp winterizing is a win in my books :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do you do that?

@Renchi I want to say @Kingofthekush420 posted an sop for it just recently.

1 Like

On here or on insta? I’ll do some searching.

@Kingofthekush420 does a 8:1 dilution rate the fats will just drop out at room temp because the polarity, you can bring down to -20 but I think someone said they didn’t see an improvement. BUT please read up on how to properly handle methanol! Don’t want to go blind!!!

2 Likes

Yeah, true. I have new safety goggles with out any breathing holes for that exact reason and have also been wary of using certain solvents.

2 Likes

Awesome! I’m stoked to get my meth tek on :sweat_smile::love_you_gesture: lab society sells it at 45 for a 5 gallon FYI!

2 Likes

Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

No problem! If I remember I’ll post my findings!

2 Likes

Says 90 where’s the 45?

1 Like

I go to -20 in a regular freezer, I get another 10% out. I get most out with a room temp filtration.

As long as you’re not drinking methanol you’re fine

First sign of methanol poisoning is a headache, if you dont have a headache you dont have methanol poisoning according to poison control.

Take a shot of ethanol after using methanol if you’re concerned, itll create an azeotrope and you’ll piss the methanol out.

Methanol is a cumulative toxin it builds up in your system

6 Likes

I would get the headaches just from having the fumes and getting it on my skin

I’ve never gotten a headache from the fumes, you must not have had proper ventilation

1 Like

regardless eye protection is needed with methanol. The fumes will deteriorate your eyes even if you dont have the “poison” feeling or headache along with cleaning the lab coats/clothes frequently. your skin should be exposed as LITTLE as possible when using it/vapors around.

3 Likes

They actually stopped selling carbon chemistry after some solvent was “contaminated” not sure how true it is, but they go through some local suppler now and it’s only 45 a gallon call them! I just ordered 5 pails :slight_smile:

1 Like