Edwards pump substitute?

Anyone out there had any success with pumps made by someone other than Edwards for their WFE set-ups? It would be for a 6" glass configuration. I am attempting to learn what options exist if any.
Thanks!

Leybold ,alcatel , busch , pfeiffer
Al make high class vacuum pumps
But i would also look for A diffusion unit

3 Likes

Heard and thank you! I will start comparing models/tech info.

What size is recomended
For first pass And second pass

Below is what they are selling with their setup but everyone is saying to buy a better pump. We are scheduled to place the order Friday so this is all I know as of yet.

Vacuum pump

Pump Rate: 9CFM

Oil Consumption:1.5L

Ultimate Partial Pressure: <4x10-4mbar

Rotating Speed: 1420r/min

Motor Power: 0.55kW. 0.7HP

Electricity: 220V, Single/3P

Again, their diffusion setup which is junk also I am told.

Diffusion pump

Diameter: 100mm

Pump rate: 300Lps

Vacuum degree: 5*10-2pa

Heating Power: 700W

Electricity: 220V

I am also trying to discern how to read this, “Ultimate Partial Pressure: <4x10-4mbar” Can you explain what the quoted text means? I see it in relation to pumps but at this point I am just guessing it means the pumps can operate between 10 and 4 mbar but not sure about the 4X it references.

if it has a 100mm flange you could easily swap for another 100mm pump like a difstak.

1 Like

4 x 10-4

= 4 x 1/10000

= 0.0004 mbar

https://www.google.com/search?q=scientific+notation

4 Likes

ahhhhh.

It isn’t a range , it is a negative power of 10. I was confused by the way it was written.

Many thanks!

1 Like

No worriesTM

That would be why I went to the effort of

<sup>-4</sup>

so it looked right…

2 Likes

And that’s why a little effort goes a long way!
Thanks again!

:wink:

1 Like

I use the leybold d25b its the biggest tou can ver thats single phase. There built like tanks and work great, i have all the other major brands and there just sitting on the floor, even using one as a door stop if I remember right

2 Likes

I would give beaker and wrench a call and ask what they recomend on the unit for the are familiar with them inside. Out

1 Like

Check out the guys at HighVac

2 Likes