Dual parallel pump setups?

Anyone running dual or tandem pumps? Would be interesting to see how maybe 2x 2021i pumps run in parallel on the same header.

3 Likes

This is exactly how I plan to run my 2x 2021i when I run them together. Enjoy the picture courtesy of @vacuumdynamics

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp2ra8YBD7u/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1lnllsyye89g7

3 Likes

:eyes: where the pics? :grin:

1 Like

Click the link broski!

2 Likes

that looks great! I have most of those parts but missing a few. Where did you score those? Are the exhaust filters made for the pump or just a generic?

Thanks!

1 Like

Damn that looks sweet.

1 Like

They are generic mist filters. They don’t work anywhere as good as my across international ones.

They are cheap on eBay. Dude sells them in 1,2, and 3 packs.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F352578629763

3 Likes

are the across ones the same style? I have the box ones from edwards, stupid expensive but I did find knockoffs for $180 on fleabay

1 Like

thanks for the quick feedback, changed my order

1 Like

They are the same style and I really don’t like much of anything AI makes but their mist filter works really well.

I’m sure the Edwards ones are even better as they are super pricey. The best option is no mist filter and venting it outside your lab.

I can not remember who but in the Tricks oog the trade tread somebody
Mentioned a hose on outlet into a Bucket with water and soap
Also works really Well i now have a aquarium difffusion stone at the end of the hose and. That works even beter for smell that is

3 Likes

Yust took a look at the pic
But i be scared that one pump sucks the other empty If not on at the same time
Seen iT happen that oil gets pulled in glass wear let alone a pump with No gravity resistance next to it

1 Like

Beaker mentioned it iirc. It what I was gonna try and its 10*f out and I doubt I can make a run in those temps.

1 Like

If you say it’s a bad idea. I’m listening. You certainly would know this more than I do.

Even if the pump was blanked off? Can you show us the proper way to set it up?

1 Like

Just put a check valve on them(solenoid type that open when the pump clicks on).

3 Likes

If the pumps are on at the Same time And Shut of at. The same time should be Ok
But If one pump is on and the O
Other is off then a hard vac is pulled on the pump making iT possible for vacoil to suck k
Also in this setup for volitiles and main
Once the volitile pump is off the oil chamber of this pump is still part of your system making all the volatiles Evaporate of to your mainbody pump without a cold trap in between
So a valve between pump and T should solve that

2 Likes

Shit iT has valves :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

So with the blank off valves we are good like that???

Yes sure as long as pumps are on When opening and closing

1 Like

How would I install this filter in my vac? I’m assuming a need a kf25 adapter of some kimd

1 Like