Dr. Rand Paul Introduces HEMP Act

https://www.paul.senate.gov/news/dr-rand-paul-introduces-hemp-act-relieve-unnecessary-constraints-hemp-industry-provide?fbclid=IwAR25IA_PckOP6RVbMSYp51xalvDYGRfFsvLUdld1jRRwIBMlwcDWG9QigiE

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, U.S. Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) continued his efforts to address Kentucky hemp farmers’ concerns with federal overreach and bring clarity, transparency, and certainty to regulation by introducing the Hemp Economic Mobilization Plan (HEMP) Act of 2020.

In response to concerns raised by Kentucky hemp farmers and processors, Dr. Paul’s HEMP Act would change the legal definition of hemp to raise the THC limit from 0.3% to 1%. Currently, any hemp crops testing above 0.3% have to be destroyed.

16 Likes

Well that would certainly help things a lot. Wish him luck with this one.

9 Likes

likewise. some common sense and support would help so much.

7 Likes

A lot easier to achieve real compliance at 1%. Hopefully we can dispose of this “harvest early” BS.

8 Likes

as well as tight harvest windows of 15 days… complete bs.

6 Likes

Respect to senator paul he has also been a advocate for medical. :us:

4 Likes

and props to the Board at the Kentucky Hemp Farmers Association for fielding a call with with Dr. Paul on these matters.

3 Likes

My partner and CEO was on the call. KYHFA and it’s president, Martin Smith, are trying their best and making things happen. Martin has been tirelessly advocating for the hemp industry for more than a decade. Shout out to VP @MinkLoafs, too.

8 Likes

The kca challenge just got easier

5 Likes

The same change i suggested to my senators. Too bad they didn’t jump on it first or they could have been taking credit lol.

5 Likes

The Paul’s are Gs. They’re the only politicians, I know of, that I have respect for. If we could get more people like them in office, I’d feel a lot better about where our country’s headed.

7 Likes