Does anyone mix their own terpene blends?

I was curious if anyone uses terpene isolates to mix their own strain blends? How do you figure out your strain formulations?

Start with sending the strain Flower to get the terpene profile to a lab
Get a lab that has a vast amount of terpene standerds to test for.
@Xcmtech offers these services
If possible get the readings of flavonoids as well
Once thats in
Get a micron weighing scale wel calibrated
Buy all the terps pressent on the coa you received in amounts neccesary
For botanical terps French perfume house wholesalers are best
For the rare types
Once all have arived take a whif and see if they are as mentioned. By internet discription some terps can smell diffrent deu to origin
Those that are completely off order new ones biggest diffrance i encoutered was what supposed to be floral was musky
Once all is set start looking for boiling points of each and start with the heigh boiling points
Make sure your coa has weights derived by each compound taking in account their molar mass
first weighing them in vails that can be capped
Once all are weight take a walk come back and dubble check your weights
You can heat them to 30C if needed but should not be nessesary only some might be solids those go in last to use previous terps as solvent
Start mixing them without heat and
In a vessel that is not to large for you will loose a lot sticking to the glass etc etc
I work with 50 ml jar and a small spinbar once all is mixed Place cap on jar and spin some more
Well thats it no additives needed
Keep in a fridge in darkness standing
Make sure they stand for laying them down will cause leaks 90% of the time
And @Apothecary36 idea of putting teflon tape before capping is a good idea

6 Likes

http://archive.analytical360.com/testresults

This is where I have gone to find terp mixes for out pen formulations. Some have less terps in their profiles but you should be able to find some winners in there. Let me know if you need more help.

1 Like

Hardly worth stocking the >25 plus individual components.
Might as well buy the blends and spend your time extracting and filling.

We do it with 10 to 12 Terps. We have made some pretty bomb flavors. The company I work for still leans towards mixing our own blends. I agree with you though, buy the pre mixed terps and cut down on over all mixing/ formulating time.