Do Your Own In House Testing - Gas Chromatograph 310 Model From SRI Instruments

We are selling our in-house lab testing equipment. This unit is the top of the line gas chromatograph. It tests biomass flower, crude oil, and distillate for CBG, CBD, CBN, THC, and CBC. This unit is very precise and can test down to 0.01%. See picture of the unit below.

Gas Chromatograph 310 Model From SRI Instruments

Ultracompact model 310 FID GC configured for medical marijuana and hemp analysis of biomass, crude oil, and distillate:

Parts

• 0310-0091 Gas chromatograph, 310 USB chassis, 115VAC 60Hz
    Includes ambient to 400C temperature-programmable column oven, single cold on-column direct injection port, pressure programmable carrier gas, “at-a-glance” display of controlled zones, value status, temperature, pressure and voltage, PeakSimple software for Windows PC (XP/Vista/7/8/10), built in USB data acquisition hardware, 6’ USB cable, GC accessory kit, and operation/service manual CD.

• Onboard hydrogen generator

• SRI 2 year parts and labor warranty (still under warranty for the next year)

• 8690-0010 Flame ionization detector (FID)

• 8690-0070 Internal whisper-quiet air compressor, 115V

• 8690-0025 Heated injector upgrade

• 8600-WB1A 15M x 0.53mm ID 0.25u MXT-500 capillary column

• 8690-0023 Additional on-column injector, without EPC

• 8600-WBDA 3’ x 1/8" SS HayeSep D packed column

Asking Price: $9400 or willing to trade for isolate or distillate

Gas Chromatograph 310 Model From SRI Instruments

Travis Newman
Honey Gold Processing

6 Likes

Interested. Is this unit suitable for pesticide testing?
please e-mail me …
mike@coachellamanufacturing.com

no not gonna work for pesticide.

man if i had the money id jump on this compact little guy!

2 Likes

Damn…

1 Like

If it’s such a great piece of equipment to have why would you be selling it?
Have you successfully used it for in-house testing?
How long have you owned it ?
How many hours do you have on the unit?
Is it or was it used in a clean room environment?

1 Like

That sure looks like the stock image from SRI’s website. Do you have an actual picture of the unit?

2 Likes

A kinda don’t think that they’d put a can of V-8 in a stock photo…

3 Likes

Have you been to SRI’s website?

4 Likes

I have now! That’s awesome!!! Cheerfully wrong on my part.

5 Likes

Sorry to the delay. Our pictures are at the end of this email.

To answer your questions:

If it’s such a great piece of equipment to have why would you be selling it?

• Our standard practice now at our lab is to have a 3rd party COA for every unit that goes out the door. If the COA doesn’t look good, it doesn’t leave our lab. When we first started, we needed to test internally for extraction and chromatography. Since we have our SOPs in place, we rarely need to test internally anymore.

Have you successfully used it for in-house testing?

• Yes. We have ran over a hundred in-house tests. It works great for flower, crude oil, and distillate. The unit can also test for terpenes.

How long have you owned it ?

• We purchased it in February 2019.

How many hours do you have on the unit?

• Not sure about hours, but we have done about 120 tests.

Is it or was it used in a clean room environment?

• We have always had this machine in a separate room from extraction and distillation. It is not a clean room.

Thank you everyone who private messaged me. This unit has been sold.

2 Likes

Just want to let everyone know that SRI will support the new owner of this GC.
Hugh Goldsmith
SRI

21 Likes

I need reliable testing , any suggestions ? Thank you .

See this video.

Hugh Goldsmith
SRI

4 Likes

Thank you Hugh! The buyer didn’t show. So, this unit is now back on the market. I might repost this again.

If there are interested buyers, please contact me, or ask any questions that you need.

Thank you,

Travis Newman
Honey Gold Processing

2 Likes

Hey, just wanted to give a shout-out to Hugh and his team. I’ve had nothing but success running their products. Their customer service is fantastic. The system has absolutely revolutionized my processing. The amount of guesswork it’s fixed for me along the way has been staggering.

Even at 75$/test from my local lab, the system has paid for itself twice over. And instant data instead of 2-3 days has been a game changer.

Thanks! Your work is appreciated!

9 Likes

Aloha good sir, Very interested.

I saw in the original post an isolate or distillate trade is possible? We have that, or shelf quality dep flower Kush Hemp e1.

1 Like

Interested. Please send DM

1 Like

@SoluScience_Travis Does the heated injector connect to the MXT-500 column and the non heated injector connects to the HayeSep D packed column? im guessing the heated injector and MXT-500 column are for cannabinoids, and the non heated injector and seperate column are for terpene and residual solvents? how do they both attach to a single FID? Is that column model correct? “8600-WB1A 15M x 0.53mm ID 0.25u MXT-500 capillary column” the MXT-500 doesnt have a model # of 8600-WB1A, that is the model # for an MXT-1 column. can you take pics of the nameplates on the columns? I know im going off topic but im trying to build my own in house GC cheap as possible so im looking find used parts where i can lol.

appears to be the cheapest “new” heated injector setup i can find online
https://quadrexcorp.com/our-products/portable-gas-chromatograph/injector-options-7/sri-8690-0025

The heated injector is helpful because it instantly decarboxylates the THCA/CBDA as the sample extract is injected. The on-column injector works fine for samples which are already decarboxylated. If the decarboxylation takes time ( 15 seconds ) it results in badly shaped ( not symetrical ) peaks because the
THCA lags behind the d9THC as it moves through the column. If the peaks are not symmetrical its hard to distinguish between THC and CBG for instance since they elute close to each other.

The same 15 meter MXT500 column measures the cannabinoids and terpenes in the same analysis if you want. The packed column connected to the on-column injector which is a mixture of Haysep D and Haysep R is for the residual solvents. The two columns are joined at the end in a “tee” just before the FID. The carrier flow is directed to one column or the other depending on which analysis you want to do.

The Heated Injector on Quadrex’s website is an old price and was only valid as an upgrade to the on-column injector at the time of purchase. Its more expensive to retrofit than to build it in from the get go as it requires a new front panel and a lot more labor to modify the several affected circuit boards.

As a side note, Restek has discontinued the MXT500 column and we have had to find a replacement going forward. We have selected a 30meter MXT 502.2 1 micron film .53mm id which in some ways is better. The terpene separation is better, but it takes a few extra minutes for the cannabinoids.
See this chromatogram from out website. http://www.srigc.com/cn/downloads/333/Terps+THC.pdf

The MXT1 column is not great for cannabinoids because it doesn’t separate
CBG from CBN.

Hugh Goldsmith
SRI

7 Likes