Do you grind your buds? Etoh extraction

I’ve got a bunch of popcorn buds, 2 cold Ethanol pulls, approx 30 min each (not much agitation), and at around -16c. Running it into distillate.

I’ve noticed if I grab a handfull of the buds after and rub them in my hands they’ll be a bit sticky (not a lot, but a little). Is this a signifier that there’s still a decent amount of thc left in there? Are there other compounds that might make my hands sticky?

I know grinding will break up cell walls and pick up undesirables, but will maximize yields. I’m just curious if anyone has any experience or qualitative analysis in this realm?

I guess I can just roll it up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Qualitative analysis complete.
Bud has been fully extracted.
/Thread

I did the same thing last wash, left my popcorn whole. I crumbled with my hands after my wash and believe i left a lot behind by not grinding or breaking it up. It didnt look saturated. I did a 45min soak

1 Like

Hmmmmmmm
Just rolled a joint and didn’t really get stoned off smoking the whole thing …

1 Like

You can always scope it and look for heads

At -16 30 min You Defenatly got most of iT off what ever is left is not worth the effort :+1:

2 Likes

We do grind all of our unfrozen buds and trim when extracting crude with our butane units.

Frozen material we do not grind.

The grinder we use is the High Tech Shredder from Single Manufacturing. We have a larger size one, I believe it’s the 7lb model.

1 Like

I jusr grind things through a 1/4" screen before extracting, it seems to get everything with a 15 min soak at -40c and a 10 min rinse with fresh alcohol afterwards, so 25 min total with light agitation

5 Likes

That looks…really expensive for what it does…

1 Like

Yeah, it was a little expensive, but it has served us very well. Never fusses or breaks down as long as you change the whips regularly.

1 Like