Disty syringes?

Good afternoon, I have a order of disty
coming in and am looking to possibly use syringes instead of carts to save a few bucks. I am curious to know what kind of syringes would work best. Would cheap plastic syringes work ok? Or should I look for something a little more suitable? I am looking on DHGate but want to make sure that any syringes I purchase will not damage disty. Will plastic syringes cloud disty up or do anything unpleasant to my disty? As always, any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks for your time🤙

From my experience cheap syringes will not work well the distillate will gum up the plunger and not allow it to plunge properly good luck bud

2 Likes

syringes instead of carts? are there terpenes in this mix?

4 Likes

Yes, the syringes I am looking out are $0.07 a piece and they are from a seller on DHGate from China that’s why i am a little hesitant. All the carts I look at are a little to pricey for some counterfeit carts and yes I think I am going to add about 8%-15% terps. FYI This is my first time cutting disty with anything including terps

the terpenes are going to be iffy in plastics / certain types of syringe plungers

4 Likes

5 Likes

These work I just filled a few raw uncut syringes of that same glass syringe

5 Likes

Also, thanks for the help sorry to bombard you with all these questions. What if I used no terps? Still think it would be iffy in a syringe? Ideally I do want carts but cannot find reasonable prices for decent hardware, do you know of any good markets?

Ive also used those for distillate theyre good I am not too sure about the plunger with terpenes though I know on regular syringes the terpenes make a cloudy mess around the plunger

3 Likes

No cloudiness? Everything was a success? Thanks for your reply!

1 Like

no cloudyness with straight distillate I can attest to that

get the luer lock if you have a choice the others like to pop off

also I am selling these .5 carts if you looking for cheap

I have around 250 g2 plastic carts too Ill do those .50 ea

3 Likes

Definitely not going to use terps if I do go with syringes then. How long does it take to form cloudiness? If I do get syringes, I will ideally just test out a gram in a syringe to make sure there are no terps already added before I fill all of them but there shouldn’t be. These liters smell like straight disty, no extra scents

1 Like

Dm me a pic or 2?

9 Likes

Straight distillate is to thick for a syringe at room temp. With the terpenes added, the mix will flow more proportional to the % of terps.

4 Likes

Same ones?

Same as the ones in the link. Iirc, acrylic is the material used. Dont drop them, they break.

Filling them is tricky

Straight 90% disty, no terps or cut.

2 Likes

But I’ve been told that terps will react with the plunger and cause clouded disty near the plunger

1 Like

If I use a hot plate I should be able to suck up the disty without actually filling them right?

How do you plan on weighing them correctly?