Distribution license so cal

Does anyone know what an actual distribution license costs in so cal? Price after everything is said and done? If anyone in here has any information they can shoot my way that would be awesome. Which county’s are easier, a good person to go through, special things they looks for… all and any help would be greatly appreciated

Im pretty sure to get a distro license you need a cannabis approved propery and such. Thats the costly part

Interested also. We have a building for manufacturing purposes, been wondering what it would cost to get a distribution license also. If it’s anything like the manufacturing license was- the listed fees you can find online for the license etc. will be a fraction of the overall cost.

You can prob expect to lease at $1 a ft or more NNN, the licensing time will likely take 6+ months (we’re 14 months and counting now :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:) that you’ll be paying rent on that building, and I’d imagine you’ll need $50-100k of liquid capital to purchase and hold product and another 6 months of cash to cover your monthly bills. Branding, legal and professional fees (and there will be a lot of em) can’t be overlooked. CEQA reports alone are $10,000+ :grimacing:. It can get spendy. Being in a city that needs and wants the tax revenue will likely speed your process up and save you lots.

CEQA :man_facepalming: tell me about it :unamused:

2 Likes

Do you know who I can speak to about getting all of this?

Right! Ours cost almost 20k and we provided all the work! Give them a couple weeks of info, they add it to their report, then ask for a HUMP of money for their two weeks of “work”. At least we were found exempt… :pray:

I’d start with what city you want to be in that has licenses available. That’s where I started and called EVERY city and county til I found a few accepting applications, then you have to find a property that works for the zoning in that area. I found having a legit email/website will save you a bunch of time trying to find a property. Maybe it was just my luck, but the minute I set up a business email/website, I was taken seriously and found our property that week! Before that was a year of dead ends. It’s a process. Distribution should be much easier than a BHO lab at least. I’m happy to answer any questions you have along the way.

What’s city did you setup in?

San Diego